Dartford crossing, when do the toll boths go?

Losos

Have some conflicting information, all the web sites say "from October" which to me means from the 1st. October, but I just phoned 01322 221603 which is supposed to be the crossing help line and they said the toll boths will still be there in October, does anyone know for sure? I have two trips planned in October and would prefer to just pay at the toll both if they are still operating, if not I would like to pay in advance but how? Any advice gratefully received.

gonewalkabout - 2014-09-19 10:47 PMI registered a while back, but haven't received any email updates. However the website has been updated today to say the changes will take effect late November.

Thanks all, and thank you gonewalkabout. In addition to posting here I also e-mailed them and much to my surprise I received a reply today which confirms what you said above. The toll booths will be there until the end of November, the reason is the famous 'unforeseen circumstances' (good news for me since I won't be using the crossing for at least a year after November)

Archived