Belgium: Aires / Sites in November

Gwendolyn

Going to The Netherlands / Belgium early November. Staying with a friend for a couple of nights in the Netherlands; booked onto the campsite at Ypres for 2 nights 10th / 11th. Would like to visit Antwerp / Ghent / Leuven / Mechelen during the trip. Can anyone advise re Aires / campsites open, in those locations, at that time of year please?

Many thanks,

Gwen

Thanks for the link lennyhb. Looks really useful. I dare not investigate it too much tonight as we are away in motorhome and I am using my broadband dongle which has a download limit. Will do when I get home. Thought there is an Aire at Ghent - useful tip re water. Many thanks.

There used to be an unofficial Aire just off the N15 at the sports complex in Mechelen where overnight parking was popular with about 9 spaces but as far as I know there were no water or other facilities available.

Not been there for a few years so I do not know the current situation but the sat nav lat & long are N 51deg 01.614', E 004deg 30.163'.

Thanks gentlemen. Plenty of starting points for research when we get home. We have been away for 6 weeks, mainly in Spain, and already thinking about the next trip, but limited internet atm does somewhat hamper 'googling' stuff, so was hoping for recommendations / advice.

Re: timing of Antwerp visit - if we go there, which from what Robin Hood advises may now be doubtful, it would have to be prior to the stay at Ypres, as immediately after we are heading straight back to Bristol for a concert in the Colston Hall. It's all go!

Thank you,

Gwen.

Archived