Avtex L187DRS TV

Hymerjo

Great TV picture on Freesat but will not download the Programme Guide. Shows the range of available stations but content slots are blank. If I select one of the blank spaces with the remote control the programme name will appear. What's wrong folks any ideas please to solve prob?

Nothing wrong you are confusing "Freesat" with "Free to Air"

Freesat like Freeview is a licensed system that manufacturers have to pay for, most of the 12 volt TV's only have the Free to Air system including Avtex.

If you want the program guide you with need to buy a separate Freesat box.

Guest JudgeMental
I bought one last year I think..could not get it to recognise media cards (recorded films and series)..Tried to resolve it with them and ended up sending it back. If anyone can recommend a good TV it would be appreciated ;-)

We have had this model since it first appeared. We also needed the Avtex aerial which we bought soon after.

We are delighted with it. In Scotland this year we received good coverage whilst at Forfar when surrounding campers were using a cable connected to the booster on post. We have the aerial inside and have so far had no trouble with it. My husband has used a memory stick to pause programme and also to record. So far we have not tried prior recordings other than DVDs.

Although it is the satellite model we have managed perfectly well with the ordinary TV except at Culzean in Scotland - which also had no phone signal.

Joyce

A slight inconvenience only having 'now & next' but I do prefer just having the one box, and uses less than a quarter of the power of our old View Sonic/Sky box combination. Not tried it's multi sat capabilities yet, but it must be miles better than a sky box.

p.s. should note that ours is last years L186DRS, fundamentally the same inside I believe

Hi Judge, we bought a 16" Cello tv last year for about £160, not as good quality as avtex, but dvd built in, get p/guide on freeview, can play and record films on upto 32gig stick, sd card slot, might be worth a look for you?

snail

We have just replaced our TV with one from Currys I think it is an ALBA with built in DVD cost about £80.00

Just back from Spain and TV was brilliant, i would say good value, for a TV that only gets used a few times a year and it's 12v, and nice and flat, so easy to mount . We have put it on a bracket that slides in /out , so TV can be slide out of the way when not in use

PJay

PS forgot to say we use it with a Maxview box and Sat Dome

PJay

We have a 19" Cello Traveller, good picture quality and viewing angle, 12v built in digital & sat receivers, low current 1.5 amp TV with DVD just over 2 amp.

Only problem I have found is no sound output on scart when playing DVD so had to run sound from headphone output. I run the sound via my head unit as TV speakers are, like most small TV's rubbish.

Sound fine on our ALBA, though it does come out the back. I stand a large chopping board behind it (so the sound does not go out the door, and any the neighbours )

We have not been able to find a TV where the sound comes out of the front (I guess because they are designed to be against a wall)

PJay

I bought our TV from Currys or suchlike several years ago; it was a domestic LCD flatscreen working from mains using a transformer down to a nominal 12v, so I dispensed with the transfirmer and run it on 12v.

The only problem (which we've always had) is that it takes a while for the sound to materialise after switching on and sometimes after re-tuning. I assumed it was because with its transformer on mains it would be getting significantly more than 12 volts, rather than the 12.6 or so our MH batteries deliver.

Anyone know better?

StuartO - 2014-10-05 11:21 AM

The only problem (which we've always had) is that it takes a while for the sound to materialise after switching on and sometimes after re-tuning. I assumed it was because with its transformer on mains it would be getting significantly more than 12 volts, rather than the 12.6 or so our MH batteries deliver.

Anyone know better?

Very unlikely, in fact the battery will most probably be supplying a higher voltage than the transformer, it's more likely to be poor quality components and programming taking time to 'warm up'.

dragonflyer - 2014-10-04 5:28 PM

We have had this model since it first appeared. We also needed the Avtex aerial which we bought soon after.

We are delighted with it. In Scotland this year we received good coverage whilst at Forfar when surrounding campers were using a cable connected to the booster on post. We have the aerial inside and have so far had no trouble with it. My husband has used a memory stick to pause programme and also to record. So far we have not tried prior recordings other than DVDs.

Although it is the satellite model we have managed perfectly well with the ordinary TV except at Culzean in Scotland - which also had no phone signal.

Joyce

It always amazes me just how well the Avtex aerial, which looks as if it's been knocked up from a batch of old coat hangers works. Anyone buying one should make sure the power supply from the TV to the aerial is switched on as this is a powered aerial.

Archived