calor lite recall.

4cls

I know we have mentioned this before in the forums about the recall of bottles. I have tried since the 26th September to get an exchange, got the vouchers etc. It got to the state where I knew what time the driver came to the stockist so I sat in the car with a book, he turned up ok, but no calor lite, I asked why and the reply was that the depot had not got any exchange bottles in stock, there are not enough to go around? getting a bottle from these people is like trying to push water up hill! When the Magazines publish details of the recall it is going to get worse. I think Calor ought to act a bit more positively over this, they deny there is a problem when spoken to on the phone. Thanks to the originator of the first post on the forum, at least we got in early, to no avail though in my case.

Where are you based? Plenty in Stoke, just walked in with my bottle and walked out with a full one. Phoned up first to check they had them in. No vouchers or anything needed, just filled in a form with name and details. I have another one to exchange but it is full, so I will use that up and then get a free refill.

There apparently are no recorded failures, just a potential problem.

Only found out about this yesterday and have not bothered to check the local stockists if they have any in stock as it was bad getting one in July and that was before this problem. Need to change a empty one and use the gas in the other before I change that one. Hope that Calor get their act together over this but I don't think they will LOL. While over the channel we use a Le Cube as well as Calor Lite, the French bottle is only 17.20 euros to re fill so we use that in the main and re fill on way home.

4cls - 2014-10-08 5:30 PM

Trouble is I live in N.Devon. Mullacott caravans, is an hour and half drive, but the garage which normally stocks Calor lite is 5mins up the road, it is obvious where I would go, (walking distance)

Hi 4cls - Not all stockists are getting the Calorlite bottles under the recall, check for main distributors in your area,as they will be prioritised by Calor. The Calor website shows which stockists are main distributors included in the recall. i.e. As I understand the current situation it could be a long time before the likes of caravan sites have stocks of new or retested cylinders, as they are often supplied by stockists, as opposed to calor directly.

Well 'Southender' you dont say where YOU live, but there are certainly not plenty of calor lite bottles in N.Devon. I said my prayers last night and at 4pm today swapped my two 08 cylinders for retested ones, The driver delivered two and I got 'em. Oh the power of prayer! :-D

• 4 weeks later...
Got me two full ones this week. It doesn't matter because new unit has gas tank so we will only be using them for the home BBQ but on both cylinders the gauges don't work. Two cylinders given that we are not at home much between April and October shold last us the best part of 63 years.

yeti - 2014-11-04 10:39 AM

3 Calor depots near me,not one have a cylinder in stock. I was told there is a national shortage!

33,000 bottles already gone according to them.

Christmas came early for me.

I`ve now got 3 full ones to use up before i go refillable ....... LOL

Went to the local tip and saw one there, £5 to the guy and it went in my car.

Then straight to the local calor centre and exchanged it for a full one .... ho, ho, ho.

If the recall would have come a week later i`d have already bought the new system.

The stockists in NE Lancs haven't any Lite bottles and haven't any idea when they are going to get a delivery. It's a joke, Calor want all the bottles returning but the dealers haven't any to exchange. I've spoken to the Preston branch and they've told me that they won't see anyone stuck and will issue normal steel ones in exchange for a voucher to be able to change back to a Lite once stocks become available so ten out of ten for their help.

rolandrat - 2014-11-06 3:07 PM

The stockists in NE Lancs haven't any Lite bottles and haven't any idea when they are going to get a delivery. It's a joke, Calor want all the bottles returning but the dealers haven't any to exchange. I've spoken to the Preston branch and they've told me that they won't see anyone stuck and will issue normal steel ones in exchange for a voucher to be able to change back to a Lite once stocks become available so ten out of ten for their help.

Apparently Blackpool is the main depot for that area https://www.calor.co.uk/find-a-stockist?address=Blackpool

Southender - 2014-11-06 6:49 PM

rolandrat - 2014-11-06 3:07 PM

Apparently Blackpool is the main depot for that area https://www.calor.co.uk/find-a-stockist?address=Blackpool[/quote

Thanks for that.

Archived