Spelling.

howie

Awww Howard,,, is no one rubbing your chest,, you need to get Vic at it, cures all my ailments. I always ready your threads Howard, I know they are going to make me smile,, even this early in a morning. Just going back to spelling a moment, I have a 14 year old son who not long ago did his STATS , thats the means testing for schools and their future recognition in the newpapers,, but it is what we are supose to judge our childrens future on. He writing is barely readable, his spelling is worse than a 10 year old and he came out with a 5, which considering he has ADHD and we had seen the state of postcards written to family in the summer (not sure post office would have mangaged to get the address read) we thought he had done really well. My problem is his mark is classed as average throughout the country,, I just dread to think the state of things to come in 10 years time if he is deemed as average. But having said this to a couple of people with children his age and teachers, apparently they dont take the writing or spelling into consideration its just the content that matters, and this is an English exam?? Sorry for any mistakes I have made in all this, I just get carried away and when I read it back it usually looks ok, its not until I click Sumbit that I see all the errors.

Do I detect just a hint sarcasm there Mel. Surely not. Still blowing bubbles out of my nose but feeling a lot better thank you. I was a pidgeon this morning but having overdone the pathos bit its now back to being a statue. (Must try to get my own signature. Something dignified with a dash of culture that will be synonymous with my postings). Did you notice the harness on Dave,s dog. Perhaps you could get something similar for Itchy and Scratchy. Might even start a trend when you take the mices for walkies. Not going to get involved with seasonal greetings for the moment, that will come soon enough. Howard.

Howard, sarcasm, moi???? Non!!! I could've done without the bubbles description ...! But that gives me an idea about your signature, what about: Just like a salmon ... swimming upstream blowing bubbles but gets there in the end! As Michele would say ... keep taking the pills!!! Mel B PS: How about 'Happy Halloween'????

Sorry about the bubbles bit Mel and its not like me to be crude. Not happy about your suggested signature either as I did ask for something dignified in keeping with my postings. I see you know a bit of Latin and something along these lines would be more appropriate so get your thinking cap on and a bit more effort please. Do you know anything about Sky plus as our old top loader has given up the ghost and I need something to replace it. Howard. The early bird gets the WORMS (temporary)

Howard, You did make me laugh this tue morning ......Especially the hairy chest & nail varnish... see the people on here getting on really well .. That I find is lovely just all having jovial fun ..long may it reign......... Had a lovely weekend apart from pushing him out at the dock's with passport in tow & the bugger went haha.......He called my bluff. Still all sorted half way to france.crossing very ruff ruff.... Off to get a new wheelchair today hopefully better than the last one .asyou have to be a midget teh bridget to push it..speak to you all soon

Hope you enjoyed the break Michele even though the weather could have kinder for you. This is strictly between you and me of course, but we have a couple of real oddballs frequenting this forum and its nice to have you back if only to bring some semblence of order to the proceedings. Howard.

• 5 months later...

Archived