Good buying opportunities

LordThornber

Some of you are aware that I do a bit of trading in the share markets and as usual I'm happy to share the opportunities that I believe are about.

At present, due to multiple issues, (ebola being a driver), markets (global and uk),are trading lower.

These times present themselves regularly and are the basis of how I invest. I repeat, how I invest.

Example, if I'm buying into a fund, or share, regularly at say £1 per unit, and it's currently trading at £0.87p, well you do the math as they say over the pond.

Let me make myself perfectly clear before any size 9's wade in.

I'm merely posting my strategies, I'm not calling the bottom of the market and/or making any recommendations.

Martyn

Thanks Colin, I knew of course but still I'm surprised at Buffett selling Tesco, he's very much a keeper.

Indeed one of his quotes is the best share you'll ever own is the one you don't sell.

Another being buy on the basis of buying to keep shares not matter how bad the storm gets. Or words to that effect. I guess he's doing something right with nett worth of over $60 billion.

We sold our buy to let business earlier this year and are plonking the proceeds in slowly, time beating any strategy, in my opinion.

I'm quite happy ticking over at just under 9% :D

Martyn

Guest Peter James
Symbol Owner - 2014-10-17 9:28 AM

Message received loud & clear Martyn!

You are not reckoning to be the next Warren Buffett then?

Even he can get it wrong though -- see here:- http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/oct/02/warren-buffet-tesco-huge-mistake

*-)

Cheers,

Happy/lucky investing!

Colin.

Poor old Buffet has only got 14 winners in his top 15 shares *-)

Guest Peter James
LordThornber - 2014-10-17 9:04 AM

Some of you are aware that I do a bit of trading in the share markets and as usual I'm happy to share the opportunities that I believe are about.

At present, due to multiple issues, (ebola being a driver), markets (global and uk),are trading lower.

These times present themselves regularly and are the basis of how I invest. I repeat, how I invest.

Example, if I'm buying into a fund, or share, regularly at say £1 per unit, and it's currently trading at £0.87p, well you do the math as they say over the pond.

Let me make myself perfectly clear before any size 9's wade in.

I'm merely posting my strategies, I'm not calling the bottom of the market and/or making any recommendations.

Martyn

Thanks for the wake up call Martyn.

I would have been buying yesterday too, but am already fully invested.

My favorite Buffet quote is the risks of being out of the market are greater than being in.

• 4 weeks later...

A mate of mine who dabbled in property in the 80s has just sold another of his properties for 300k to add to the possible 1.5 million cash he has already,

he reckons it could all come in handy for a rainy day ;-)

He's 74 with diabetes, and a leaky heart valve. :-S

Archived