Tom Tom GO Camper/Caravan Sat Nav

PJay

Any one got one of these?

We have always had TT, no problems. Wondering if worth buying new (nothing wrong with current one) Is it worth changing as we can't put Height in our current TT, and as we are over 3 mtr , it would be useful, sabes having to turn around ! I know it does not happen often, but occasionaly we have had a problem!!

Halfords seem to have a good deal, with FREE lifetime updates

PJay

A couple of reviews on Halfords site, some not so good.

I use igo8 and despite having the settings that I'm a 42 Ton artic, it still tries on occasions tries to take me the pretty way.

I bought one of these 2 years ago, Not that impressed considering the High price (£300). All it does after you have selected 'Caravan on tow' or 'Campervan' is send you onto major routes,even if that means a 50 mile extra journey. There is no intuitive 'Knowing' your dimensions OR the roads (I naively thought that there had been a 'Google earth' type laser scanning of our Road System, there hasn't !) So I don't think that ANYof them(so called 'tailorered' SAT-NAVs) are worth the extra money asked. Also the 'Live' bit means an extra subscription, I didn't think much of it, so didn't bother. I have a lifetime UK and Ireland map update, but not the Europe one, and the battery is starting to fail already,very short duration.

All in all, I much prefere my TT one,(new edition !) which is still going strong,on the same battery,and has a very 'user friendly' set-up. IMHO not worth the extra money. Ray

ps. Just remembered, this version has completely differant software from previous versions, and I found it a real problem putting my 'essential' POI's on, I did it eventually, but be aware.

pps make sure your 'lifetime updates' include ALL maps installed and The 'Live' subsciption (it's free for the first year anyway). Good luck.

For touring in the UK there a few POIs lists with height limits on the TomTom site. You can choose which height you want but I don't think they work in the route planning they just warn you when you get close.

I'm not aware of any for Europe though,

cheers alan

Archived