Al-Ko chassis.

Brian Kirby

rupert123 - 2014-10-22 11:17 AM.......................As far as I know you have no expertise at all in the motor trade yet you constantly try and give the impression that you are the great motorhome guru.

I have no experience "in" the motor trade at all but, like most of us I suspect, I have about 50 years experience of it: it is not very reliable. I'll tell you what I TRY to do, I TRY to give people useful information, as and when when I can.

Anyone can look up stuff on the internet, we all do, but good practical years of experience, exactly what is yours Brian perhaps you can enlighten us.

I don't understand your point. I bought a van with an Al-Ko chassis. The handbooks say the axle needs greasing periodically. I knew from motorhome forums (therefore the internet) that people have previously missed this instruction (as you have acknowledged, it is not given much prominence), and suffered expensive problems as a consequence. So, having read the actual documents, I posted to alert other owners of vans with Al-Ko chassis to the requirement.

You may fool others but not me, you have merely confirmed what I told you some pages back on this thread, it does not just apply to Swift by the way.....................

I seek to fool no-one, Henry, especially you. :-) When you buy new, you get a warranty. The warranty terms define and limit what it covers. Yours may be different (though in view of Robin's post above, I think not), but the warranties on my vans have always been conditional on them being maintained as instructed. So, I drew attention to the instructions for maintaining the Al-Ko axle. Who does that fool?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the two bearing shells 80x75x80 on each pivot arm in the std version needs grease they have siamese bearing grease seals nbr rubber at the pivot closure the point where where the grease come out when the grease ar

ea is full when pumping and also on the inner tube where there is no grease seal i think alko should explore in detail whats going on in this particular area do you.

Archived