Burstner Levanto 576 2008 - buying advice - & winterisation ?

Stants

Hi all,

I am new to the fourms and to motorhomes purchase but have been lurking for a while. I have hired in the past, spent a lot of time in caravans and indeed boats

I have spent some time looking for used models privately and dealerships and the recent NEC show and have recently been quite impressed with a private sale 2008 Bursnter Levanto 576 on a Ducato cab.

I have read the excellent post on buying generically here (or at least the answer in that thread)

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/First-Motorhome-Looking-at-private-Burstner-Nexxo-T660/36193/

And will be taking that advice but wondered if any forumites had any feedback on this particular model ? (or very similar sister models) And niggles or "known draw backs" that aren't obvious ?

One of the (many) reasons for purchase is go skiing in alps - it has an inboard fresh water tank but waste tank slung underneath - but insulated. Do many make this work in alpine winters and either just pour antifreeze in the waster tank before use - or just leave it open to drain through into a bucket ? Any advice welcome the fully double floor insulated models in my price range with the right layout seem rare.

Lastly the dreaded "reverse judder" - would this model be prone to this ? So many web posts it's confusing to be honest. - I haven't driven yet but of course will prior to purchase. Is there anything I can do as loads of potential models I might buy are on the same fiat chassis.

thanks in advance for your help

Archived