Senility on the Forum

Guest Peter James

Without knowing how much the royal family costs per year versus the tourists and business brought into the country because of them ( Many Americans and Japanese alone visit purely because of the royals ) each year it's really a non argument

Let's have an overall figure of cash in the royals favour or not , then you can discuss if they bring value for money

Peter James - 2014-11-01 9:12 AM

Archiesgrandad - 2014-10-31 10:32 PM

I didn't realise that paparazzi photographers were charged with a lawfull duty to do what they do. All the ones I ever encountered seemed like fairly grubby little individuals who tried to make money out of other people's misfortune, and they seemed to show very littl e respect for the law or common decency. Of course, I must admit that I haven't met them all.

AGD

Thank you for another suitable post for a thread on senility.

It was actually relevant, as you'd have to be senile to slavishly pander to these parasites

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2014-11-01 8:12 PM

Peter James - 2014-11-01 9:12 AM

Archiesgrandad - 2014-10-31 10:32 PM

I didn't realise that paparazzi photographers were charged with a lawfull duty to do what they do. All the ones I ever encountered seemed like fairly grubby little individuals who tried to make money out of other people's misfortune, and they seemed to show very littl e respect for the law or common decency. Of course, I must admit that I haven't met them all.

AGD

Thank you for another suitable post for a thread on senility.

It was actually relevant, as you'd have to be senile to slavishly pander to these parasites

Letting your republican tendency slip Mr P ;-) ..................

Perhaps its because shes been the queen for ALL my life , which is amazing ive " known" her as long as my parents , never gave it much thought when i was young ,just as i got older i realised what a great job she does , all that self control , i bet other countries would love a queen like ours ? And shes so tiny! Lol Pp:)

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2014-11-01 10:22 AM

Many Americans ....... visit purely because of the royals )

as one of them said 'The thing we like most about your Royal Family is that they are yours and not ours.

The greatest celebration day in the American calendar is the anniversary of the day they got rid of them :-D

Peter James - 2014-11-03 6:42 AM

as one of them said 'The thing we like most about your Royal Family is that they are yours and not ours.

The greatest celebration day in the American calendar is the anniversary of the day they got rid of them :-D

I'm not overly trying to defend em Peter but fact is a shed load of em come because of em

Guest Peter James
Pampam - 2014-11-02 9:38 PM

Perhaps its because shes been the queen for ALL my life , which is amazing ive " known" her as long as my parents , never gave it much thought when i was young ,just as i got older i realised what a great job she does , all that self control , i bet other countries would love a queen like ours ? And shes so tiny! Lol Pp:)

Do you remember when Diana's butler was charged with theft? He pleaded not guilty and there was the embarrassing possibility of the Queen being called to court and for the first time in her life being asked questions that were not stage managed by her 30 spin doctors. So she suddenly 'remembered' that she had given him permission to take the jewelry, avoiding the possibility of being asked an inconvenient question, and the long and expensive case collapsed.

Thats how stage managed it all is. They give out a carefully managed 'middle class' image irrespective of how they live in their palaces. And yet you think you 'know' her

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2014-11-03 6:47 AM

Peter James - 2014-11-03 6:42 AM

I'm not overly trying to defend em Peter but fact is a shed load of em come because of em

But they never get to see them. They might go to see the buildings, but they don't go to take tea with Prince Andrew. France gets many times more visitors at its Royal Palaces because they not occupied and fully open.

But if any tourists really do come to see them why not let them earn their keep. Put them all in the Millennium Dome, give them a zone apiece, and charge all the foreign tourists to go in and look at them. Then you can say they bring in tourist income.

• 1 month later...
Guest Peter James
seems this topic has continued on another thread...http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Tesco-Read-this-for-poor-management-structure-/36914/31/#M446143

nowtelse2do - 2014-12-26 1:50 PM

Don't worry too much about it Peter, you may have to subsidise the monarchy a little, so a little back for the amount that Scotland is subsidised by the rest of us is heartening.

Oh how I wished you'd got your Independence. ;-)

Dave

Did the scots themselves do the final count of votes by the way ?

Maybe a recount should be considered ... You know what these jocks are like ... They can add up the price of a Carlsberg special brew and two deep fried mars bars but after that they've had it

Actually peter james i have met the queen , i was invited to a garden party last year at buck house , she was very pleasant even tho her auld fella was poorly indoors , and ive met him too ,and hes got a wicked sense of humour :but i dont mind the fact that they are royal and im not , in fact i couldnt imagine my old mum doing the queens job in fact she would be squawking at everybody "" whos stole my effin wardrobes??"( dementia lol ! ) pp:)

Archived