Forgive me for I have sinned .... again!

Mel B

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 5:44 PM

Tracker - 2014-11-03 5:11 PM

pelmetman - 2014-11-03 4:41 PM

modern motorhomes are often style over substance :D ..................

Absolutely right - most of them are fast, reliable, clean, economical, quiet, comfortable,convenient and substantially stylish!

And if your honest Rich ... A rip off ...

Not always - buy sensibly late secondhand and keep for many years and value becomes better (less worse really!) - but then you already know that don't you!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tracker - 2014-11-03 5:55 PM

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 5:44 PM

Absolutely right - most of them are fast, reliable, clean, economical, quiet, comfortable,convenient and substantially stylish!

And if your honest Rich ... A rip off ...

Not always - buy sensibly late secondhand and keep for many years and value becomes better (less worse really!) - but then you already know that don't you!

People always presume I already new sumat .. How can I am just a fick northern oik roofer

Joe90 - 2014-11-03 5:56 PM

You've convinced me, I'm going to get rid of the van, and buy an old static, and gaze at the same view everyday.. ;-)

At least your neighbours at home should appreciate that - shame about the other poor souls on the site!

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 6:39 PM

Rick .. Have you ditched the far right and had a better offer from the liberals or sumat ?

Or you looking for a good camera deal ?

Better offer and political party are not two phrases often seen together - you cannot be serious - that would be a real contradiction in terms!

Tracker - 2014-11-03 6:24 PM

Joe90 - 2014-11-03 5:56 PM

You've convinced me, I'm going to get rid of the van, and buy an old static, and gaze at the same view everyday.. ;-)

At least your neighbours at home should appreciate that - shame about the other poor souls on the site!

I'm slowly warming to you, and your old pal Judgemental, with your oh so witty comments, two peas in a pod aren't you. ;-)

Joe90 - 2014-11-03 6:52 PM

I'm slowly warming to you, and your old pal Judgemental, with your oh so witty comments, two peas in a pod aren't you. ;-)

In that neither of us readily suffer fools gladly and that we are both capable of civilised communication (from time to time), indeed we are.

Why not join us?

Tracker - 2014-11-03 6:57 PM

Joe90 - 2014-11-03 6:52 PM

In that neither of us readily suffer fools gladly and that we are both capable of civilised communication (from time to time), indeed we are.

Why not join us?

If you ignore Edwards name calling he's a decent type

Guest pelmetman

"Stylish"....Well if a glass washing bowl and black effect tiles in your shower floats yer boat Rich ;-) ................

"Reliable".... I dare say there's a few folk on here who would take issue with that statement :D ...................

"Fast".......They maybe, but given that they're designed for holidays, if you need to bust a gut to get to your destination then I suspect you don't have the leisure time to make proper use of a camper :-| .............

"Clean"........ Cleaner than petrol or LPG? :-S ............and with a shelf life of 10 years if you live in London >:-) .......

"Economical".......31 mpg is not bad for a 24 year old CB B-) ..............

"Quiet".............My 1990 camper is quieter than my 1999 Tranny ;-).............

"Convenient"............How many of today's PVC's let alone CB's fit in a car park space? (?) ......

Have I missed anything?................Oh yeah......I've no need to buy synthetic p*ss............I can extract plenty on here (lol)............

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-11-03 7:17 PM

So,what was that I was saying Antony...?

.."banging on... and shoehorning it into nearly every thread... " , wasn't it...?

;-)

I didn't want to disappoint you Pepe ;-) ...............

pepe63 - 2014-11-03 7:17 PM

So,what was that I was saying Antony...?

.."banging on... and shoehorning it into nearly every thread... " , wasn't it...?

;-)

But t'was I that brought it up we're it not .... I still ain't found Dave's thrilling ' life in me motorhome ' site yet

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 7:22 PM

Dave's thrilling ' life in me motorhome ' site yet

It's always a thrill when he eventually reaches his destination after a month on the road, then a month to recover and carry out any repairs on site, then another month rambling back again.

You just cannot beat that for thrills!

God forbid (!)

I' trying to work out which is worse, him and his old knackers, or HE and his latest acquisition, or the all things German bloke, :-S

I've decided to forgive MelB for sinning after all.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-11-03 7:14 PM

There are none so blind as those that are so blinded by their own light they will not see a brighter light if it hit them between the eyes!

You missed three points Dave Spacious, easily passes MOT every year and, best of all - RUST FREE.

Never failed in 24 years Rich B-) .............It's called preventative maintenance ;-) .............I concede Horace did need some work a couple of years ago..........but what's 2k every 20 odd years? :D............Spacious = Size = inconvenient......thus the perfect camper is a myth *-) ........

How about comparing cost to maintain and buy spares for? >:-) ..................

Tracker - 2014-11-03 7:25 PM

It's always a thrill when he eventually reaches his destination after a month on the road, then a month to recover and carry out any repairs on site, then another month rambling back again.

I'm seriously concerned for your Rick .. You've changed .. Your getting just like the rest em .. Bet you buy an EXPENSIVE ebike soon just to fit in and be popular .. I'm in with the in crowd and all that

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-11-03 7:25 PM

Sadly we have yet to discover those kinda thrills Rich :D ...............The only time we've had issues is after having work done *-) ..............such as with my wheel nut saga >:-( .............

pepe63 - 2014-11-03 7:41 PM

Joe90 - 2014-11-03 7:27 PM

God forbid (!)

I've decided to forgive MelB for sinning after all.

..if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?..

Here's some possible candidates for your new thread..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Narrowboats-Canalboats-/121900/i.html?_nkw=narrow+boat&_frs=1 ;-)

;-) Thanks, although I am in tentative discussions with someone...........as long as it doesn't have water ingress when I have it surveyed.. :D

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 7:31 PM

I'm seriously concerned for your Rick .. You've changed .. Your getting just like the rest em .. Bet you buy an EXPENSIVE ebike soon just to fit in and be popular .. I'm in with the in crowd and all that

I've never wanted to be in with the in crowd - whoever they might be - so sorry but I will not be buying an eccentric bike of any sort anytime soon!

Tracker - 2014-11-03 8:03 PM

antony1969 - 2014-11-03 7:31 PM

I've never wanted to be in with the in crowd - whoever they might be - so sorry but I will not be buying an eccentric bike of any sort anytime soon!

I'm glad your not buying one of them death trap things Rick .. Be a shame to cover that shirt with a great big leather jacket ;-)

Billggski - 2014-11-03 8:58 AM

Phew... Just read through this thread again, glad I've been away until the dust settled.

I've told a friend who is thinking of buying a motorhome to join the forum, but ......shock horror!

They haven't got a motorhome yet!!!

Are they allowed to post in this section?

I used to always tell people who were interested to look at this forum as the BEST motorhome forum ... but stopped doing that ages ago ... there's no way I would willingly recommend this to anyone now, not with all the vitriol and plain ignorance that some posters exhibit! There are much NICER forums out there for motorhomers to be able to get help etc without all the cr@p!

Archived