Wanted-Camp site near Bilbao,Spain.

Guest cecbow

We are due to arrive in Bilbao at 5p.m. on 28th December with my 6 wheel Hymer 694 and small trailer on route to the Mar Menor camp site, in southern Spain. Does anyone have details of a secure overnight camp site near Bilbao? The only one I can find which looks ok is about 60 miles away.

It is possible to 'wild camp' on the dockside at Bilbao. Once the ferry has re-loaded for the return to Portsmouth the port becomes very quiet and is reasonably secure. I have arrived the afternoon before sailing back to Portsmouth to be suprised at the number of others who have done the same. You may find that the same is true when disembarking, although, of course, the parking area will be busy until the ferry sails. Otherwise, the nearest site I have experience of during the Winter is about a 100 miles away! Give my best wishes to Mar Menor, just hope it is not as dead as it often was during Winter!! :-D

We spend the night at the port last month before boarding the ferry, tucked up between 2 lorries seemed quite secure we spotted the security guards patrolling they area a couple of times and there was no movement of lorries till early morning.

Archived