fuse problems

motorhome55

Hello to all I'm new on forum so I hope I do this right?. I have a problem with my indicators on my fiat ducato 2.8 2004 reg. All four have stopped working including the hazards, but when I lock it with fob they all flash, im wondering is it a fuse or relay problem? I have found the fuse boxes in engine compartment and in cab but it is not clear which one relevant relay or fuse is located ,has anyone any clue to point me in right direction PLEASE.

As they flash with the central locking the fuses must be OK. More likely to be a switch or connection problem to the hazard or stalk switch. I would bet on it being a problem with the stalk switch as both sides do not work could be the main power connection to the switch come adrift or broken off hopefully you won't need a new switch.

The indicators are controlled from the dashboard electronic module I believe, The stalk switches connect to this and it in turn controls the indicators. Alarms are usually connected into the wiring after the computer so the fuse has no affect on teh alarm comtrolling the lights.

The appropriate fuse number is F37 10AMPS or F63 10amps whoch is located in the fuse box behind left hand end of dash (nearside) and a panel with two screws just below the little storage compartment.

I cannot make out from my diagram the physical position of the fuses...need a different file which I can't load at moment.

There are no seperate relays involved. The control module is integral to the bank of switches below the radio. Check if the four way warning flashers work or if the hazard light switch illuninates/flashes when switched on. The other fuses involved would show up other faults.. ans is F01 in teh engine compartmnet fuse box.

If the hazard lights work then it looks like fuse F37 is Ok and you are getting a constamt power feed to the switch bank.module. If they also do not work then it could be both fused are blown, but if fuses are intact then a fault in the module or connector problem. Remember to switch ignition on when testing the indicators.

Now I have totally confused you I must hit the soft cottony cotton. Expect the above is full of typos.

Archived