Avtex sound improvement

Colin Leake

Our present motorhome has six speaker sound system for the TV but when then new PVC arrives we will be using an existing Avtex. It's a good TV as far as features and picture are concerned but the sound from the tiny speakers is to put it politely crap. I seem to remember recommendations for a gadget that could used to deal with this but I can't find the thread. Help and recommendations would be much appreciated. I would like the widget to,be as small and unobtrusive as possible.

We, and several others, use one of these and it is impressively good for such small size and low cost.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundWave-SW100-Rechargable-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/product-description/B009LJG4VU/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=4085821&s=receiver-speakers

I've mounted ours under a top locker close to the tv and as long as you remember to turn it off when you turn the tv off and remember to charge it when needed it works fine.

Colin Leake - 2014-11-03 2:07 PM

Our present motorhome has six speaker sound system for the TV but when then new PVC arrives we will be using an existing Avtex. It's a good TV as far as features and picture are concerned but the sound from the tiny speakers is to put it politely crap. I seem to remember recommendations for a gadget that could used to deal with this but I can't find the thread. Help and recommendations would be much appreciated. I would like the widget to,be as small and unobtrusive as possible.

I think you'll find it was this thread. ;-) before I was in the naughty corner. :-S

And it's still going strong since I flagged it up for the forum.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Poor-sound-on-your-M-home-TV-an-answer-/32166/

Thanks for your replies. Given that our Avtex is not Bluetooth how did you get a signal to the speaker? I'm assuming you,used an audio Bluetooth adaptor pluged into the head set jack. My current thinking is that if this is possible I could use one and pair it up to the DAB radio that is Bluetooth enabled to feed the sound into the radio and out to the multiple speakers. I will have to check if the DAB radio switches off after a set time when the engine is off. I suspect that given the intent is to let you,pair up to music devices it probably doe not. I'll have to check when I pick the new PVC up on the 20th. I'm not looking for,the ultimate sound quality so I'm assuming the speakers will be adiequate.

I'll let you know how we get on.

• 2 weeks later...
Tracker - 2014-11-04 7:12 PM

That Bluetooth stuff is all far too complicated for me Colin - I just plugged it in to the headphone socket![/QUOT

Just a quick question Tracker as you already have one. Can it be run when on charge? If so I may leave it connected to USB port or if we don't have one suitably placed for that buy a mains charger and use that. We pick up our new PVC Thursday so,I will work out how to mount it etc then before ordering. We did look at a Bose mini as we have Bose systems in the house. It was every bit as good as expected if expensive at £170 but given the size of the space we will be using it in was a bit over the top. Besides we don't watch much TV on holiday so something that is simply say fifty times better than the existing Avtex speakers will do. Quite how they managed to give them such a poor sound quality I'll never understand.

Colin Leake - 2014-11-14 3:44 PM

Can it be run when on charge? If so I may leave it connected to USB port or if we don't have one suitably placed for that buy a mains charger and use that.

Besides we don't watch much TV on holiday so something that is simply say fifty times better than the existing Avtex speakers will do.

Quite how they managed to give them such a poor sound quality I'll never understand.

Yes - I charge mine via a usb converter plugged into a 12v socket

I wouldn't say fifty times better - but enough better to make it worth while we feel.

Agreed - it must take a lot of research and development to get speakers that bad!

Good luck with the new van!

Archived