No more sinning

rupert123

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rupert123 - 2014-11-05 3:48 PM

Both 'sinning' threads have been moved, as it happens I agree with this, about time too.

It looks as though our Moderator ('Only Human') has been at work at last, Henry, He/she has deleted the 'Migrants at Calais' thread too -- another 'good thing' I deem!

Cheers,

Colin.

Nothing like a bit of censorship to remind us of the world we live in. Whoever was responsible for removing the "sinning" thread is desperately in need of a very large injection of humour. The removal of the "calais" thread is simply an example of political correctness and the irresistible desire of some people to impose their views on those that don't have similar opinions.

This comment may well suffer the same fate.

mikejkay - 2014-11-05 4:54 PM

Nothing like a bit of censorship to remind us of the world we live in. Whoever was responsible for removing the "sinning" thread is desperately in need of a very large injection of humour. The removal of the "calais" thread is simply an example of political correctness and the irresistible desire of some people to impose their views on those that don't have similar opinions.

This comment may well suffer the same fate.

Bingo ... Couldn't put it better if I could spell proper myself

What is this life if full of woe

we have no time to sin and go.

No time to see when woods we pass

where sinners hide their nuts in grass.

No time to turn at sinners glance

and watch them sinning in a trance.

A poor life this if full of pomp

we have no time for sinners romp.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-11-05 5:07 PM

The sinners, led by chief sinner Mel, have only been moved so they/we can carry on sinning elsewhere which you can hardly call censorship - housekeeping maybe but certainly not censorship?

Great name for Mel's autobiography - Carry on Sinning!

Calais thread has been deleted *-) .................. the thought police stifling legitimate debate again :-| .............

pelmetman - 2014-11-05 5:33 PM

... the thought police stifling legitimate debate again :-| .............

"Legitimate debate"?!..behave yourself..

Anyone who shows concern about the numbers and/or quality of ****grants, is called a racist, while on the flip side, anyone who dares to stray from the "..send 'em 'ome...it's my Country!.." line, is called liberal do-gooder!

How on earth is that "legitimate debate"? *-)

(as for the "thought police", don't fret, I think you'll slip under their radar... (lol) )

I don't think there are any "thought police", Dave. If folk would just express their opinions in a reasonable way, with some consideration for the sensitivities of others (bearing in mind this is a public forum, not a private gathering), pretty much any topic could be discussed without interference. Problem is, folk won't follow this simple rule, so posts get pulled - presumably to protect Warners from the risk of prosecution. I'm sure it is the crude and clumsy way views are phrased, and not the sentiments expressed, that are the problem. Why do some seem to go out of their way to cause gratuitous offence? Is it really that difficult for folk to say what they want in reasonable terms? Just a moments thought would help in most cases.

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-11-05 5:54 PM

pelmetman - 2014-11-05 5:33 PM

... the thought police stifling legitimate debate again :-| .............

"Legitimate debate"?!..behave yourself..

Anyone who shows concern about the numbers and/or quality of ****grants, is called a racist, while on the flip side, anyone who dares to stray from the "..send 'em 'ome...it's my Country!.." line, is called liberal do-gooder!

How on earth is that "legitimate debate"? *-)

(as for the "thought police", don't fret, I think you'll slip under their radar... (lol) )

No doubt along with some others, you have the mods on speed dial ;-) ...............So effectively prevent actual debate *-)...............

2015 will be interesting as we'll discover how successful liberal do gooders have been >:-) ...........

The only sensible post on this topic is Brian's.

If we could all just leave our own egos and ill informed bias beside the keyboard instead of sending it here when posting this forum would be a happier place for the majority.

Boring - but maybe happier?

Some strange comments specially Brian's. Now I agree the threads should have been moved but the one I started was 100% good humoured. I started it as a gentle p**s take and much to my surprise it continued in that way. How was it in any way offensive, explain please.

rupert123 - 2014-11-05 8:11 PM

Some strange comments specially Brian's. Now I agree the threads should have been moved but the one I started was 100% good humoured. I started it as a gentle p**s take and much to my surprise it continued in that way. How was it in any way offensive, explain please.

...your thread has been treated entirely in accordance with your view above - it has simply been moved to Chatterbox (where, to be honest, it is a better "fit")

Brian was replying directly to Dave (pelmetman) on the matter of the complete removal of the "Calais" thread - an action that was (IMO) deserved and taken rather later than it should have done. I don't think his comments have anything to do with your thread.

Tracker - 2014-11-05 7:13 PM

If we could all just leave our own egos and ill informed bias beside the keyboard instead of sending it here when posting this forum would be a happier place for the majority.

So let's see you take the lead then.......................................... (!)

Tracker - 2014-11-05 7:13 PM

Boring - but maybe happier?

Well, the (now 3) "sinning" threads are among the most boring and irrelevant things I have ever read. Some will say, if you find them boring, stop reading. I tried, but like driving past a car crash, it is really hard not to look.

I was pleased that, until now, I was able to keep my ego in check and refrain from posting, but having finally weakened I suppose I must accept that I am just as bad as the rest of you. I will try harder.

Robinhood - 2014-11-05 8:19 PM

rupert123 - 2014-11-05 8:11 PM

...your thread has been treated entirely in accordance with your view above - it has simply been moved to Chatterbox (where, to be honest, it is a better "fit")

Brian was replying directly to Dave (pelmetman) on the matter of the complete removal of the "Calais" thread - an action that was (IMO) deserved and taken rather later than it should have done. I don't think his comments have anything to do with your thread.

Agree about it being moved and if you look I said as much. Brian's reply seemed to be a general one about all three threads to me I am just curious how he thinks it is in any way offensive, would rather he replied himself than have others 'second guess' him.

The problem, Brian, is that what one person considers to be gratuitous offence is another persons legitimate opinion. This country is sliding inexorably towards a state where a non politically correct opinion is not allowed. The banning of Alex Salmonds effigy at a bonfire event in Lewes because of a complaint is a classic example.

Guest pelmetman
mikejkay - 2014-11-06 12:13 PM

The banning of Alex Salmonds effigy at a bonfire event in Lewes because of a complaint is a classic example.

Guy Fawkes relatives should sue ;-) ............

The "problem" seems to be that some (possibly older or maybe just dafter?)folk, just can't seem to differentiate between having a chat/bleat/bitch down the pub,with their mates and posting on a Motorhome/Campervan/Caravan based forum, on the...

...W-O-R-L-D W-I-D-E W-E-B! :-S

Just because only a dozen or so folk post with any regularity, doesn't mean that they are the only folk viewing the forum.....

There will be forums out there on which folk can happily discuss politics, immigration, the EU etc etc ...and be as confrontational, bombastic and controversial as they like....

By deleting such threads, Warners are just "indicating", albeit a bit late in the day, that this isn't one of them... ;-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-11-06 12:46 PM

The "problem" seems to be that some (possibly older or maybe just dafter?)folk, just can't seem to differentiate between having a chat/bleat/bitch down the pub,with their mates and posting on a Motorhome/Campervan/Caravan based forum, on the...

...W-O-R-L-D W-I-D-E W-E-B! :-S

Just because only a dozen or so folk post with any regularity, doesn't mean that they are the only folk viewing the forum.....

There will be forums out there on which folk can happily discuss politics, immigration, the EU etc etc ...and be as confrontational, bombastic and controversial as they like....

By deleting such threads, Warners are just "indicating", albeit a bit late in the day, that this isn't one of them... ;-)

Ahem ;-) ................

Chatterbox

Chat about anything and everything...

Maybe we should sue Warners under miss description legislation? :D............

Archived