Motorhome websites and forums

Brock

Been a member on here for many!!! years and have had some great advice when needed. I am also a member of a couple of others. Facts because I use their Insurance, in fact I just paid it today and although I tried others for a quote no one could match Facts insurance quote. Also a member of fun as we wanted to go on a rally in Spain earlier in the year and you had to be a paid up member to join them. We saved our membership costs on the first nights camping.

Having said that I think this is one of the best sites and THE best free site.

Keith (sooty)

I have been around on the forums for about 15 years but post infrequently on here. Started off on Motorhome List, is it still going? It is not all about content, functionality is also key for me. Forums have to be easy to use and read and in this respect Facts has been king for a long time but Fun is looking good with it's new software. OAL is middle of the road! The worst I have come across is the CC's Club Together.

I don't realy think there is room for any others as long as the main ones keep on top of available improvements and exercise good control over content.

peedee

Bloody Hell!!

It gets worse.

The Exhibitions Team have even had the nerve to remove their own post on which numerous 'scammed' customers (rightly) complained/bemoaned about the danger that they put thamselves in last year by booking online using a credit/debit card! An absolute scandal, it would seem, putting me (and many others one would think) off from ever considering attending a Warners motorhome show ever again!

There are other shows you know!

Not a word of explanation, remorse, or apology.

Dreadful.

Colin.

peedee - 2014-11-12 12:14 PM

I have been around on the forums for about 15 years but post infrequently on here. Started off on Motorhome List, is it still going? It is not all about content, functionality is also key for me. Forums have to be easy to use and read and in this respect Facts has been king for a long time but Fun is looking good with it's new software. OAL is middle of the road! The worst I have come across is the CC's Club Together.

I don't realy think there is room for any others as long as the main ones keep on top of available improvements and exercise good control over content.

peedee

Have been on this forum for many years, and also occasionally remember to look on Caravan Club one...agree it's nowhere near as useful as this one, and if you do post a contribution, whether new or existing one, you never are advised of any updates to it. I have taken this up time and time again with their IT department (or somebody there I think) and yet in all the updates and rewrites of it, this feature has never been added.

It's really very useful on MMM forum to know that some moths later an update has been posted to an earlier one which had my interest/contribution. With CC one, it's actually quite difficult to find any specific thread at all.

Symbol Owner - 2014-11-14 4:57 PM

Bloody Hell!!

It gets worse.

The Exhibitions Team have even had the nerve to remove their own post on which numerous 'scammed' customers (rightly) complained/bemoaned about the danger that they put thamselves in last year by booking online using a credit/debit card! An absolute scandal, it would seem, putting me (and many others one would think) off from ever considering attending a Warners motorhome show ever again!

There are other shows you know!

Not a word of explanation, remorse, or apology.

Dreadful.

Colin.

and yet another thread has been removed this morning simply asking for Warners to give assurances on on-line booking security. By removing every question on the subject, Warners are not doing themselves any favours. I doubt this post will last long.

paulmold - 2014-11-15 9:09 AM
Symbol Owner - 2014-11-14 4:57 PMBloody Hell!!It gets worse.The Exhibitions Team have even had the nerve to remove their own post on which numerous 'scammed' customers (rightly) complained/bemoaned about the danger that they put thamselves in last year by booking online using a credit/debit card! An absolute scandal, it would seem, putting me (and many others one would think) off from ever considering attending a Warners motorhome show ever again!There are other shows you know!Not a word of explanation, remorse, or apology.Dreadful.Colin.
and yet another thread has been removed this morning simply asking for Warners to give assurances on on-line booking security. By removing every question on the subject, Warners are not doing themselves any favours. I doubt this post will last long.

No one has accused them of being directly involved, but by deleting these posts they are not helping those who have suffered, and are giving the impression that at the very least they do not care, and are doing nothing about it.

Solomongrundy - 2014-11-10 7:12 PM

It was unintentional – but those who enter the portals of its lobby are rarely to be seen as rational as their former selves.

Think of the story of Alice in Wonderland – but much darker, foreboding and bizarre.

In other words – well worth a visit!

Well thanky you kind sir. :-D

I think the Fruitcakes would be pleased to get a mention and at the comments.

There have been several threads on the forums making unfounded accusations against Warners in relation to people who have had their credit cards used fraudulently.

Warners works with Visa and its associated organisations to ensure that all elements of the Out&AboutLive website adhere to the current PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and have a current Attestation of Compliance in place.

Warners takes credit card security extremely seriously and also commissioned a thorough forensic investigation by one of Visa Europe’s approved independent security companies

Our payment systems were given a clean bill of health and no evidence was found of compromised data or fraudulent breaches of any kind on Warners’ websites, servers or associated systems.

Warners has also taken the further step of changing its payment gateway as part of its ongoing development and security program. This went live in September, and means any future transactions will go through the most up-to-date credit card payment solution now available through Warners’ PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant supplier.

We trust the above statement corrects the erroneous allegations that are being made on certain web forums about the security of our website and continues to give the tens of thousands of customers who use our website every year to make a financial transaction the continued confidence to do so.

This Wiki link may be of interest to anyone interested, with particular reference to PCI-DSS Requitements 7-9. http://tinyurl.com/29ydd5

I would suggest it may be more diplomatic if any further discussions take place off-forum, and also that any further approaches to Warners should be collective, limited to those who consider they were directly affected, and not made via the forum.

No 12 is very important. If an Information Security Policy is in place, then it would provide the means to deal with the issue facing Warners.

Taking the topic off forum will simply reinforce the view that Warners is not listening. It needs to put in place a channel of communication for those directly affected and another one for those indirectly affected. Warners should be very clear about how it will listen to those with ongoing concerns and how it will communicate to a wider audience the outcome of that listening. It can be made very clear that threads returning to this topic outside the approved communication channel will be blocked so everyone knows where the line is draw. It could even say that persistant offenders will be banned if it really wants to get tough.

I empathise with Warners. These events are very difficult to deal with. Warners need to show it listens - doesn't have to agree with what it hears - and understands people's concerns. It then needs a plan to address those concerns. It may have done all that.

I've got my fingers crossed that this will not put off Warners from hosting a great forum.

John, all those affected already have perfectly adequate channels of communication.

They can communicate with each other by PM, e-mail, phone or even snail-mail.

If they compare notes together to see if they have all had genuinely similar experiences, as opposed to unfortunate coincidences, they can decide together if they think there is a case of some kind to answer.

If they are persuaded that something more than bad luck was at work, they can present their case collectively to Warners, and can do so as a group in a way that will persuade Warners to take notice, if necessary by presenting their data through the card companies, and asking for them to investigate, or even getting the media involved.

What they plainly aren't going to succeed in doing is to use the forum, which is owned and run by Warners, as a way of exerting pressure on Warners, because Warners will, as they already have, simply remove any posts they regard as derogatory.

Simply put, megaphone diplomacy isn't working and isn't going to work, so subtler and more diplomatic means are called for.

Archived