Used Motorhome dealers in Surrey/london

Lizzie

What dealers do people go to? We have looked at Southern motorhomes in Maidenhead which was great but did not have what we were looking for at the time. Is it best to go somewhere like Nottingham? There seems to be a few different dealers there. Also, are they cheaper outside of the south east?

Another q - would we be able to get something reliable for around £25k? We have never owned a motorhome before!

Would appreciate any advice.

Hi Lizzie and welcome to the forum. 25k will buy you a lot of motorhome, and a lot of choosing. So much that your in danger of spending years looking and not buying.

You ideally need to list a few must haves for a start, or failing that tell us about a van you've viewed and perhaps liked.

Martyn

I would try and buy one close to home,(if buying from a dealer) as if you have any problem you do not want to travel hundreds of miles (return journey) to get it sorted.

There are dealers in Surrey and Hampshire and Sussex. Sugest you google . Have to admit not so many as up north though.

decide what you required IE 2 berth/4 berth , what layout you think you would like, and then have a good look around on line as well .

Come back and ask questions when you have chosen , what you think you would like. Plenty of choice for the money you are prepared to spend

PJay

PS weelcome to forum

Hi Lizzie

Not sure which side of London you are but as you mention Surrey, have you tried Michael Jordon Caravans at Gomshall - they have quite a few there to look at but if you want a dedicated Motorhome dealer why not try West Country Motorhomes at Swindon - just a quick trip down the M4. We bought our first motorhome there and have ordered our new one from them for pick up in.in March next year.

We were going to have a look at the Rapidos at Woking Motorhome but they only do visits by appointment only, so not too sure of this so gave them a miss which is a pity as they are not too far from us.

Alan

Before we started looking in real earnest, I thought I knew what I wanted: fixed bed, 3/4 berth (although only two using it for the most part but it would be nice if daughter could come if she fancied it), swivel drivers seats, not too bothered about separate shower, reasonable payload, L shaped sofa arrangement if poss. Now that we have been to NEC (too busy to really see things) and looked at Southern Motorhomes, Michael Jordan in Gomshall and looked at lots online, we are less sure! There is so much choice.

I can see the advantage of an L shaped lounge if a dinette present too so that it would be possible to leave the bed up if somewhere hot and dry but put it down if somewhere in Scotland for example. On the other hand I like the look of the Knaus sport with a transverse fixed bed but haven't seen one in real life to see if it is roomy enough in the living area. We even saw a Euro Mobil van with a huge overhead bed that looked good but was previously something we had discounted as I thought it would be too claustrophobic and not sure how easy/irritating it would be to get in and out of and what weight it would support! Another one we liked was the Chausson Allegra and a Rapido.

We plan to either go to Nottingham (where there seem to be quite a few dealers) or the south coast this weekend as we saw some on a website in Peacehaven.OH would rather go to Peacehaven as it is nearer.

Any other suggestions for dealers with a range of motorhomes really would be much appreciated.

There is Southdowns in Portsmouth. They have a large range of vans, some unbelievable, cost a fortune!!

Most are no more than 3 years old, so may be out of your price range, but worth a look, if you are just looking, will give you some ideas. Also a couple of Marquis in your area, just look on line for address,

PJay

Archived