Hello Advice for buying motorhome

roe49f

Hello. I'm new here. I have just sold my camper and am looking for a new motorhome. Wish list. - Under 6mtrs - 4 seat belts - 4berth. Which makes and models. Post 2002

Questions???????? End kitchens or side kitchens. Do side kitchens make the motorhome more stable

Lutons. Thinking of wind resistance. Are smaller lutons better?

What is everyones advice

There's a link to advice on buying on the home page of this forum.

You will get lot's of advice, some of it might almost be useful.

I assume you need to accommodate 4? Adults and kids?

Do you want fixed beds for all, or make up a dinette at night? High top lutons give more space in the main cabin. Swivel seats save space as well.

Stability isn't really an issue, just getting close to your optimum layout in a dry, well maintained vehicle is the aim. It's a good time to look around and start off with a cheeky offer.

There are so many options you will end up totally confused, just accept it will never tick all the boxes.

Choice is always a personal thing. We have a 5 berth Swift Sundance 2006.Just over 6 mtrs 5 berth but only 4 seat belts.

Overhead cab bed ideal for kids, or small agille people. Plenty of room for sleeping, and out of the way. I prefer end kitchen with a dinette, as this keeps the chef out of the way when cooking.

Best to try and when looking pretend you are living in it, and it is wet outside. Is there enough room ??

Fixed beds, take up space, IMO, and it does not take more than a couple of mins to throw sleeping bags/duvets on to make up beds. The overcab works as good store for the bedding during the day, and when travelling

Best of luck in you choosing, and take your time, before you decide

PJay

With a full house it'll be two adults and two teenagers. Great idea to shut the door and pretend it's raining outside when looking at a motorhome.

Anyone have a Neuvo. This was one model I thought I'd look at. I'll get on the link to buying.

Hi..

Sub-6mtrs will be "snug" for a family to actually "live-in"...But...people manage to "camp" well enough in VW sized vans... ;-)

When choosing, also bear in mind that, if they're "young" teenagers, it won't be that long before they'll want their own space and may not won't want to be sleeping in a 6mx2m box with M&D anyway(so a decent, easy to put up awning would solve that and negate having to go overly large vehicle wise)and if they are "older" teenagers, then it may not be long before they'll be off doing their own thing and therefore won't be going away with you regularly anyway.... ?

From the age of about 10 years our son has slept in a tent outside the van. He loved having his own space, and in the early years we had a 2 way baby alarm, which was referred to as the walky talky to protect his sensitivity. When we occasionally stopped for a night on the road he would sleep in the van across the front seats, but he much preferred his tent. Might be worth a thought, because you will find that a lot of us will advocate having the smallest van you can get which gives you the most of what you want, also, look at A class vans, they seem to be much more spacious for a given length.

AGD

Archived