Insurance while not on the public high way

Vixters other half

Can anyone one tell me how our MH insurance covers us for accidents when on a camp site. We are near Metz and went to the local supermarket in our towcar Bridget and on our return found a group of people around Big Brian who had a wing mirror facing the other way and a large caravan with a 10 foot slit along the side and a few windows missing. Apparently the owner had misjudged the corner and caught the wing mirror with the resulting damage. As far as Im concerned it his fault and I have no intention of claiming of my insurance as a) the damage is minimal b) I would lose some bonus and c) I dont think you are covered when on private property. Am I write or wrong on c) VoH ps you cant beat a M.A.N truck wing mirror for a can opener

Hi, VOH, Spoke to the law (the Hubby) reply. All Motor vehicle insurance must cover third party risk , both personal injury & damage . The most basic insurance usually is commonly know as fire & theft being the worst case senario. Obviously due to the value of most MH & the insistance usually of the finance company if not owned outright is fully comprehensive insurance. Fully comprehensive insurance can have many options which may include use of curtisy vehicles , roadside recovery in europe hotel accomodation ect. You will certainly be covered on and off road ,on a campsite especially . You will be insured against accidental or deliberate damage. whether you claim or not is your decision but the small print on all insurance policies is they must be informed of any loss or damage regardless of whether you make a claim . Your own insurance company & the third party company will make use if you are excluded from a location ie somewhere were the public do not have right of way without express permission , to not pay out. Under your circumstances your insurance company are kiable to cover your risk assuming the MH was parked in a allocated space or reasonable position. Funny thing is if a burglar trip's in your drive on the ice making good his escape with all your valuables they usually get a good settlement off your insurance company ...........crazy world ..... hope this help's :-(

Archived