Internet in Portugal

crbtaylor

Probably been covered before but I have only. got limited wifi for tonight. I am looking for a good deal on 3g/4g data sim for my broadband dongle. Can any of you good people let me know of any you may be using or know of. I am currently paying £25 for 1GB per 30 days and could really do with more. Thanks

There was a letter in MMM(Sept 2014) from a guy who bought a WiFi router frm Optimus in Portugal. The router itself cost him €99/£85 (a bit pricy in my mind as I bought one at Computer World for £49) but for €30/£25.50 @ month it gives him unlimited downloads at speeds up to15Mb per second.

Hopes this helps.

John

I have bought a SIM card for my dongle from Phone Shop near Tavira. It cost €7.95 and comes with 1gb data valid for 90 days. If it runs out I can t it up for €1.00 for an hours unlimited data, again the hours is usable a little at a time and valid for 90 days. I'll try it a while and see what the cost is per month and post back.

Can you tell us what network that is/ We are off to Portugal in the New Year and will want to buy a data sim card for my unlocked dongle- I find this is the best, most reliable & comparatively cheapest way to access the net when travelling abroad; all you have to do is find a network provider and have a quotable address somewhere in the country- a campsite will do. Most phone shops are happy to help once the language problem of "dongle" has been overcome!

Thanks

Bob

Archived