Aire near Gibraltar

ChrisD

Evening All

Just a point of interest. On a recent visit to La Linea near Gibraltar we found that the marina there (Alcaidesa Marina) have set aside an area as an aire. There are 20 marked pitches close to the water and an emptying point is available. Not sure about water as the hose had been left in the waste point. Gross. The rest of the aire is good, reasonably secure and the view and general area very interesting. There is no hookup. The rate is 12 euros per night.

We have visited this area for years but have never been impressed with any local accomodation for campervans. This may well be a breath of fresh aire for campervans in this area.

Chris

Whilst in Spain, this September ,We have been told of a new campsite in that area, run by a british couple, that will be in the ACSI book next year. It was open this year, and can get to Gib easy. Don't have the name to hand at the moment, but when I "find" the name , I will post details.

Unless of course some-one else comes up with the details before me

PJay

The details I have been given, by the guy who stayed there is

La Bella Vista @ Manilva (Manilua)??

Run by Lakeland leisure

He said it was going to be in Acsi, and he got Acsi rates this year.

I have not looked it up, but will do so now

How this is of use tany one. I guess the Acsi books will be arriving any tme now, so that will give lat/long detauils

PJay

Guest Had Enough
tomboy99 - 2014-11-27 11:24 AM

hmmm, not a single link resolves???

Tom

They work perfectly for me. I think that you need to check out your own system.

tomboy99 - 2014-11-27 1:51 PM

All, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but

I live near alcadaisa, I know where the port is and i know where camping bella vista is. I was enquiring about the aires?

Definitely looks like those web addresses have been blocked to Gibraltarians,

Rgds Tom

I think this is the Aire ? that is being mentioned

http://www.areasac.es/v_portal/apartados/apartado.asp?te=3428.

Brian

PS cant you use a proxy site to get internet to Gib like we do to get Iplayer etc here in Spain

www-furgovw is a good site for mainly wild stopovers Dave but is more suited to VW Transporter Conversions (or PVCs) as they are easily Stealthed away due to there size in normal carparks backstreets etc. where we couldnt park our size Vans unnoticed.

Tom...as for the location being in La Linea but called Marina Alcadaisa,the Spanish do this a lot, near us for instance we have Orihuela City inland but they control the coast 35Km away and call it Orihuela Costa, there are lots more situations like this in Spain so not too unusual...

This Aire was only opened on the 19th June this year just as an aside.

Brian

Hi Tom

The easiest way to find the aire from Gib is on foot, come out of gib and turn left.

Cross the road the leads down to the roundabout where the traffic queues to get into gib.

Then on the left is a pedestrian access into the marina. The signs for the airs are just down there.

There is no signage from the road and I have not seen any publicity for this aire.

Unless you were actually in the marina you would not know it was there

Chris

I know the place very well but did not know they called it Marina Alcadaisa, I sometimes park my car there, , when not commuting on my motorbike, just didn`t know there was a secure aire. As LaLinea is a bit dodgy, to say the least. Anyway good to know if I am planning a night out in the vicinity.

Rgds Tom

We spent two nights at La Linea last November and would not recommend it to anyone - particularly when it is raining and the wind is howling. a God-forsaken place.

It is also quite intimidating around the take-away restaurants by the border. Presumably there is a bit of black market activity going on.

Mad Mitch

I hear you, the town is very nice with nice bars and restaurants. Problems with crime are pretty high, due to the poverty. I know a lot of people that have been mugged, especially wealthy looking Gibraltarians. I had a brick do quite a bit of damage whilst driving last year along the coastal road by the Marina, It was just kids, disillusioned I suppose. Chased them for 30 mins on their scooters and almost got them, Police did., My car is gibraltar registered. Please don't be put of, unfortunately the dodgy people hang around the border area, dealing in Cigs etc. Important to leave cars and vans in secure areas, as the locals nick contents regularly...

Tom

Archived