parking at Euro Tunnel

Excel duo

I am planning on using the tunnel crossing in February, but as it looks like an early start I am not sure where I am going to park overnight. Dover too far away, where I usually park for a ferry. Is there parking at the Ashford terminal or somewhere nearby? As I don't know what the weather will be like I don't want to be travelling too far. Colin and navigator

Guest Had Enough
Excel duo - 2014-11-29 11:58 AM

I am planning on using the tunnel crossing in February, but as it looks like an early start I am not sure where I am going to park overnight. Dover too far away, where I usually park for a ferry. Is there parking at the Ashford terminal or somewhere nearby? As I don't know what the weather will be like I don't want to be travelling too far. Colin and navigator

There are good options if you're in the CC, namely a site and CL that are handy. If not, I've read that if you arrive at the tunnel just after midnight and check in, they'll let you stay on the car park until your early morning train is due.

If you get there a bit earlier than this you could spend an hour or two at Tesco off Junction 10 before continuing to the tunnel.

pelmetman - 2014-11-29 12:44 PM

We sometimes stop here if getting an early train.........nice grub and 5 mins from tunnel ;-) ..........

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190759-d3264433-r165172148-The_Drum_Inn-Ashford_Kent_England.html

GPS N51.10485 E1.04069 It's Ashford postal, but it's actually about 8 miles east along the M20.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-11-29 6:22 PM

We sometimes stop here if getting an early train.........nice grub and 5 mins from tunnel ;-) ..........

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190759-d3264433-r165172148-The_Drum_Inn-Ashford_Kent_England.html

GPS N51.10485 E1.04069 It's Ashford postal, but it's actually about 8 miles east along the M20.

Or in other words just off the exit before the tunnel ;-) .............

pelmetman - 2014-11-29 8:35 PM

Brian Kirby - 2014-11-29 6:22 PM

Or in other words just off the exit before the tunnel ;-) .............

Yep, that's the one, Junction 11, SP B2068 Canterbury. Take LH lane on exit, then first exit from roundabout onto B2068, then first left SP Stanford (North). Keep left past Stanford boundary sign, and the Drum is the first building on your right.

We've stayed on the terminal at the tunnel a few times. On a couple of occasions euro tunnel staff have given us a polite knock as an alarm call, not as we'd overslept though.

There is a fresh water tap too near the coach toilet emptying point - however, I can't comment on how hygienic it is around there..

Surely it must be the most secure place in the UK to overnight, after all I've not yet seen a CC Warden with a Heckler & Koch machine gun :D

Martyn

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-29 5:50 PM

Canterbury P&R only £3 a night with free bus service into town and 20 minutes from terminal.

If you go for this option note the last entry time:

"Entry barriers to the car park are locked at 8.30pm. You can exit with a valid ticket at any time. Please note your ticket is valid for 24 hours from the time you enter the site, and the maximum stay at all sites is 48 hours."

Excel duo - 2014-11-29 11:58 AM

We live in Cheriton & our place is less than one mile from the tunnel terminal...There are dozens of quiet & safe locations to overnight around here :-D

At the rear of our property is a decent sized council owned car park & its FREE to use for any period not exceeding 24 hours.

We are away in our own van until the 6th of February, but if your crossing is after that date, I would be happy to assist you & your navigator with my local knowledge & maybe a cuppa if needed .B-)

Greg & Mary..

Archived