VPN assistance!

Fionadb1

satandpcguy - 2019-04-11 4:14 PM

And...?

That just confirms the issue that you said were not happy with in your original post - as the iPlayer is NOT a subscription service, you cannot access it outside the UK. Nor does it mention anything about a BBCid...well it would not as TV Licensing and the BBCid are two completely different and separate things...

"At the moment, you aren’t able to stream or download programmes on iPlayer while abroad. But you should be able to access programmes that you’ve downloaded before going overseas (usually available for 30 days after they’re shown on live TV)."

(the EU rules that allow you to access content for a limited number of days is for subscription services! BBC , Iplayer, ITV, ITVHub, All4, Demand Five, UKTV are not subscription services so not covered by this ruling...if you are not happy about this then demand the BBC move to a subscription based service.)

and again, as I am not in the UK, i do not need a UK TV Licence to watch UK TV content...all i need to do is comply with the TV licensing laws of country that I live in - which Spain does not have any form of TV licencing... so i can create a BBCID, and use BBC content, without a UK TV Licence....which is why it did not offer me the chance to say if i had one or not!

FREELOADER ! :-D :-D :-D

Adiebt - 2019-04-11 6:34 PM

FREELOADER ! :-D :-D :-D

Spanish question why many other countries have to pay a tv licence..."just another tax!"

Until a few years ago their PBS was funded by ads, which private broadcasters disliked as they took away some of their advertising revenue.

Now the PSBs have no ads, and are funded by taxing the private broadcasters...

Archived