road tolls to faro

pw9crab

We are travelling to Faro in Portugal on March 2nd 2015 via Portsmouth - St Malo. Does anyone know the current price of the road tolls through France and Spain - Although we are hoping to avoid most of the tolls - does anyone have a good route through - as a first time user on the forum and help or suggestions would be fully appreciated.- kind regards.

Guest Had Enough

You've posted in the wrong section I'm afraid. Very few people come here and Motorhome Matters is the place for questions such as this.

Anyway, to answer your question there are many websites that will calculate routes and work out your costs. Here's an example: http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/

The prices for a car and caravan equate to a typical motorhome toll charge, and if you enter a fuel price it will even work that out for you as well.

If you need to mix and match by using toll roads occasionally to avoid major cities, then you'll need to do a little work with a map I'm afraid and enter each city 'motorway bypass' separately.

You could also do a search on this forum using terms such as 'toll free to Spain' (or Portugal) and you'll find many previous threads giving suggested routes. The reason I mention Spain is that's where most people go and the route can be the same for a lot of the journey.

Guest Had Enough
pw9crab - 2014-12-26 9:38 PM

thanks for your reply im new to forum so next time il try to get it right

Please don't apologise, you'll soon be familiar with all the different sections. We've been to the Algarve twice but have bypassed Faro on both occasions, so you might be able to help me.

Coincidentally, we're going two weeks before you and have decided to explore Faro and its surroundings. Have you done any research on sites where we could stay for a few days and have you booked? We've never booked in Portugal at this time of the year and have never had a problem.

thanks for your reply no we haven't booked any sites we just turn up if we like the area we stay never had any probe before which way are you traveling out we hope to be out for12 weeks ending up in Holland for tulip fields just getting to grips with computer

Archived