Motorhome Sold and Gone

kelly58

Our beloved motorhome has now sold and in the hands of its new owners , due to my health problems . We have enjoyed 8 wonderful years of motorhoming which cannot be taken from our memories . I would like to thank all of you members who have helped us along the way with useful information and anvice I hope I have been able to help others in the same way . I will still continue to read the forums as I may still be of help to someone with a problem .

I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year and may you all still enjoy your motorhoming .  

Nothing lasts for ever, so here's hoping you develop a replacement hobby to keep you active and healthy eh?

I haven't been on here that long so I can't say I've seen a lot of your contributions but I'm sure everyone wishes you well for the future - and have a Happy New Year as well!

Well, it's out of the road and one less thing to have to worry about, and pay out on... ;-)

There will undoubtedly be times where you think it would've come in handy..but on the flip side, you will probably also visit places and think "..Jeeez!, I'm glad we're not having to shoehorn the van down through 'ere!.." (lol)

Happy New Year...and I'm sure you'll continue having many happy and safe travels. ;-)

Heyup kelly58 mines been gone a year!! On the twelth of january i miss it but i dont miss the expense ,but as you say youve "done" it and got the memories , what do you think youl do now with your spare time? We pop off and stay in hotels you can get some bargains on the late deal sites , and someone else cooks brekky :) pp

Pampam - 2014-12-31 10:30 PMHeyup kelly58 mines been gone a year!! On the twelth of january i miss it but i dont miss the expense ,but as you say youve "done" it and got the memories , what do you think youl do now with your spare time? We pop off and stay in hotels you can get some bargains on the late deal sites , and someone else cooks brekky :) pp

It hopefully will be hotels / cottages or even a canal boat holiday all depends on my back problems.

I wish you all the very best in whatever you do.

Although we do not currently have a motorhome, we do have a caravan which entails many of the same issues. However, for a good number of reasons we are beginning to feel that using it as we did, is becoming more difficult, and certainly more expensive. So we are seriously considering storing the caravan in Spain and just flying down when we wish. There are many cheap flights and even adding on a hire car works out similar or cheaper than the long drive we have done in the past. Many others are doing the same and although it does mean going to the same place each time, it is not a big drawback as the place is very nice and has everything we want in our dotage years.

Like you we look at hotels etc for trips here in the UK. For overseas, well a villa is not that extortionate when compared to other things, and someone else does all the hard work.

Ditto,

similar comments to many others above, I am seriously considering our Motorhoming future, as is one of my pals, looked briefly into a narrowboat, then was reminded of something called locks, a caravan out of the question, apart from Aquaroll heaving, sitting in a field for days on end doesn't push my buttons, have thought of an allotment, but my back is knackered, mmmmmm.

Anyway it comes to us all eventually when it's time to pack it in, good luck with whatever you decide to do with your leisure time, which is one of the downsides of retirement, there tends to be too much of it.. ;-)

I suppose I could spend more time on internet forums. :D

hi Kelly,

Wish you well. Sold our motorhome in November, ordered caravan for Feb/Mar and just ordered towcar for March. Had to alter our ways to enable getting about when on site and didn't see the point in towing a car.

Long time since I towed but was ok when I did, just can't help feeling we are going backwards.

good luck with your health

cheers

derek

Good luck with whatever you do. Many of us on here have, I suspect, the odd health problems, me included. At the moment all is well and I can keep going but for how long?

I always wanted to buy a bare chassis and do my own self build motorhome. Unlikely to happen now, I am too old!

I have also considered travelling Europe by train or river boat, or even sailing down the Med coast in a nice 40' sea going yacht, my own of course, with a small crew :-D

Never ever give up, as someone once said.

H

Archived