heki rooflights.

goldi

goldi - 2015-01-02 4:11 PM

afternoon all,

Has anyone experienced a whistling heki rooflight and if so how did you cure it. Ours is the windup type.

norm

Does it 'whistle' when you are static or on the move ? Has it got a rubber seal that the rooflight 'glass' presses against, if so maybe that needs a clean and dry perhaps put a bit of Thetford lubricant on it to make it a bit more supple ?

Alan

Ours whistles. Ours doesn't have a seal around the frame at all so have thought about fitting one although when fitted the converters have to calculate ventilation so that's probably why it was not fitted. I have read that shutting the blind helps but we've simply got used to it.

I should imagine with the average cacophony that goes on in a motorhome, i'd be happy to hear a whistle from the Heki roof light. :D

There are one of two outer seals that can be fitted, one will allow permanent ventilation, the other not, might be worth checking out which type you have, I believe you can quite readily change them ;-)

Try

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/default.aspx?shop=caravan&menu=home&searchtext=heki%203&searchcriteria=entire%20store

goldi - 2015-01-02 4:53 PM

afternoon all,

Sorry ,I should have said when it is on the move, stars around 50 mph.

norm

Is it one of the Heki's over the habitation area or is it the wind up/down one (panoramic type) that is over the cab part ?

If it the ones over the habitation area there is not much you can do as they do, as Jo has said, provide the permanent ventilation when closed. If all else fails leave the grill pan in the oven and that will take you mind off the whistling Heki.

AlanS - 2015-01-02 5:29 PM

goldi - 2015-01-02 4:53 PM

afternoon all,

Sorry ,I should have said when it is on the move, stars around 50 mph.

norm

Is it one of the Heki's over the habitation area or is it the wind up/down one (panoramic type) that is over the cab part ?

If it the ones over the habitation area there is not much you can do as they do, as Jo has said, provide the permanent ventilation when closed. If all else fails leave the grill pan in the oven and that will take you mind off the whistling Heki.

Morning folks,

Its the one over the habitation area and the wind up type, I am going to try a new seal, and it is the unvented type and see how that goes. it could be one of them fiddling about jobs but with no obvious solution at the outset. Thank you all .

norm

If there is not one already fitted, you might want to invest in a roof light deflector if fitting the new seal doesn't sort it.. ;-)

We used to have a Symphony with the same Heki as you. It used to whistle exactly the same as yours. We took it to Autosleeper under guarantee. They stuck a strip of rubber .75 inches wide x approx. .25 inches thick, along the inside of the Heki hinge end. It cured it.

If you have any to hand, try some domestic type draught excluding strips, the stick on stuff, it fits nicely in the little 'channel' that runs all the way round the inside of the Heki 'glass', this is what I did with the one we have in our PVC - I used 2 pieces, one stuck on top of the other as it wasn't deep enough with just one strip.

Archived