Ferries from Italy to Greece

AJ46

Hi,

Assuming you mean the long haul ferries from Northern Italy to Greece then you need to look at Anek and Superfast. Superfast have published their prices, Anek have yet to do so but prices will be similar as they share routes....

http://www.superfast.com/adriatiki/en/for-passengers/routes-and-timetables-2015/italy-greece.html

Minoan do not offer Camping on Board.

There is another thread currently running with some other info on it you might find useful as well.

Pete

Well it is done!! I managed to get a place on deck so that we can travel from Venice to Patros with Anek Superfast and once I made contact by telephone with a really helpful guy called Manolis he saw things through from start to finish. When the price was given which for return trip was 767.4 Euros I informed Manolis that I am a member of ADAC which for those of you who do not know, is the renowned German breakdown and recovery operative. Because of my membership Anek was able to do the trip for 649.2 Euros which represents a saving of 118.2 Euros. When I looked at my years subscription to ADAC which for both myself and my wife was 114.5 Euros. So I can only think "What a deal"

At the moment tearing my hair out trying to book Italy to Greece, had a chat with a girl from Viramare via Skype, easier to book through them as they deal with all the ferry lines, do not appear to be able to get a quote for arriving at one port with the return via a different port.

They have emailed following quotes:

Venice to Patra Anek Super Fast, Camping on Deck €709

Ancona to Patra Anek lines, Camping on Deck €662

Ancona to Patra Minoan Lines, Camper offer, 2 berth inside cabin with WC & Shower, 30% discount on all meals and drinks €581

As I understand it,

It should be the same price if you are booking with the same operator on the same route, eg Anek outbound Ancona - Igoumenitsa and Return Patras - Ancona unless it runs into different season bands but that should be easy to work out.

If it is a different operator for each leg, that might cause complications, possible you might even loose your return discount as well.

Pete

peejay - 2015-01-15 6:14 PM

As I understand it,

It should be the same price if you are booking with the same operator on the same route, eg Anek outbound Ancona - Igoumenitsa and Return Patras - Ancona unless it runs into different season bands but that should be easy to work out.

That's what I wanted to do, none of the web sites let you do it and the girl I spoke to didn't appear to understand also price is the same Patra or Igoumenitsa.

I have her email now, maybe easier to get them to understand in writing.

We have never bothered booking in advance and used to do the trip quite regularly when we lived in Greece. We always just used to go down to the port and check the prices from the all the companies and never had a problem and usually got a cheaper price because they were all fighting for business. We also used to book an open return so we did not have to plan our return trip. If you go down to the port there are usually lots of discounts that they can offer such as over 60's, sailors, and discounts on the domestic routes such as down to Crete. They also used to knock a metre off your van length to get you cheaper price. Greeks never stick to the rules!!

They have cut back a lot nowhere near as many boats running now, one our choices already fully booked. Must admit almost temped to wing it but I'll we will be p***ed of if I can't get on a boat for several days and it ends up costing more.

Just been told by the girl at Viamare if we join the Minoan bonus club, we can get further discount on their sailings.

• 3 weeks later...

Ferry booked Miloan Lines Ancona to Patras return, Camping package which includes 2 berth cabin with en-suite & 30% of meals & beverages.

After taking into account discounts for, Over 60, Camping package, early booking & Miloan Club €530, paid with NW CC £399.

Archived