Identifying paint

Vixters other half

Is there anywhere you can get your paint work on your motorhome identified? By this I mean what composition of the three primary colours can be identified. Paint swatches are ok but rely on a persons optical ability to differentiate very subtle differences. The light source and type and also the reflectance difference between the swatch and the paint play important parts as well. It would be lovely to photograph the paint work and use a pc to identify the colours and then match them, but that would be too easy or am I wrong and it exists somewhere? Need to touch up some small scratches from a caravan that was recently impailed on my wing mirror. VoH

Hi VOH, If the paint you want to mach is on the cab area then there should be a plate or sticker under the bonnet somewhere with a paint code on it. If however it is the coachwork paint you need to match then your best bet is to find an automotive paint supplier who should be able to match the colours for you, many can now mix the paint and put it in a spray can for you. D

Archived