Fiat X290 radio cut off

bikey

bikey - 2015-01-21 3:40 PM

Hi all.

Just picked up my new pvc on the Fiat X290

the radio cuts out after 20 min is it possible to reprogram to stay on indefinately I cannot find anything in the handbook. Your help would be appreciated.

Not sure if your radio is the Fiat U Connect all singing / dancing model, if so try this :-

Enter the "Audio" menu, press the MORE button (9-fig. 1) on the front panel and then select "Settings" and "Audio", or press the MEDIA button (12-fig. 1) on the front panel and then select "Audio".

The following adjustments can be carried out using the "Audio" menu: Then choose the "Radio Off Delay". You may be able to adjust the time on this setting. When finished - To exit the "Audio" menu, press the Done Button / Back Arrow.

I have not got my new X290 yet but I did download the Fiat Radio instructions to read up on it.

Alan

If you haven’t got a handbook for your radio, a guide to the X290’s uconnect 3” MP3 unit can be found by using the following link

http://tinyurl.com/o6yqqvk

then selecting the year and month (2015/January), then (when buffering has finished) selecting the “SUPPLEMENTS” section, then choose Select type = “Communications and entertainment” and Select supplement = Radio MP3, then Display or Download

The “Radio Off Delay” setting is referred to on Pages 20 and 22.

bikey - 2015-01-22 5:50 PM

Thanks for the replies

none of the above seem applIcable to the u connect 3 radio that is in the X290 any one else have any ideas

Go to the Fiat website as Derek says, then enter year/month and follow his instructions - select MP3 Radio - that is the U Connect 3 and on page 20 you will see the settings you can alter.

Alan

I notice that there’s no indication in Fiat’s X290 radio documentation regarding the duration of the Radio Off Delay that can be chosen.

With the previous X250 radio the delay could be set from 0 minutes (minimum) to 180 minutes (maximum). I guess 3 hours should be adequate for most people, but it would be useful to know what the X290’s delay settings are. (Perhaps bikey could say when he finds out?)

Hi Derek thanks for your reply

am working away at the moment so only have my phone to access the Internet the setting seems to be 20mins only no way to reprogram using the manual will try to contact Fiat when I get home and will let you all know the outcome

thanks Brian

Archived