Dog friendly sites

ips

ips - 2015-03-10 5:16 PM

Forgive me for bumping this post but decided run cottage a little to off our route so still need a site between Aldershot and Cambridge suitable for a weeks stay with good walks and an area on site or very close were dog can have an off lead run.

There must be something suitable but we're struggling apart from cc site south of Cambridge but building work going on apparently.

HELP.

If you don't mind a bit to the west try Stratford caravans 1 mile from Stratford upon Avon, go to touring section its a fairly large site has a dog walk of about 5 acres and you can take the water taxi from the site to Stratford, along the Avon river are the recreation fields where you can let your dog run free and mrs ips can go for retail therapy. We go every year and it's well worth the trip. A tip to save a bit of cash don't use your awning as then the fees are reasonable they make a charge for dogs. If you are a C&CC member you get a 10% discount and they do a 5days for the price of four mon. to fri which makes it cheaper. John

Dave C - 2015-02-14 4:46 PM

StuartO - 2015-02-09 4:24 PM

It sounds like a list of particularly good sites for dogs would be worth accumulating on the forum.

A good idea BUT it should be balanced by a list of sites that do not allow dogs!

And just for the record I'm not bothered either way - provide dogs don't jump up at me!

Dave

I don't know of many sites that don't allow dogs, think of all the trade they will be losing, after all approx. 80% of caravanners and motorhomers have dogs( or cats), for a lot of them thats why they don't go to Hotels and fly abroad, they like to keep their Pets with them.

Think the 'NOTS' list wouldn't be very long.

Ray

ps New England Bay CC site nr. Stranraer is great for dogs, right next to the beach (dogs allowed all year).

Archived