Isa thread?

Pampam

Thanks tracker have been to bank and done it but dont fully understand how it works and its only 11/2%anyway so probably better off just leaving it in normal savings account (what ive had since i was born lol) sadly its a lot easier to save now i havent got my motorhome:( pp

Hmmmm! 1.5% tax free is about the annual return we get on our combined premium bond holdings but there is always the chance of a lot more - or a lot less - and to get the most out of PBs you need to build up quite a bit in them to improve the theoretical odds a bit!

Have you considered something like a Santander 123 account that pays 3%, although I presume that is taxable at 20% so 2.4% net?

Other interest paying bank accounts are available - just Google - interest paying bank accounts - or ask others on here for their experiences!

nowtelse2do - 2015-02-19 8:19 PM

Tracker - 2015-02-19 8:12 PM

or ask others on here for their experiences!

Don't do it Pam or this thread will get pulled also :D

Dave

Only if it gets personal or nasty and that won't happen this time - will it?

And perhaps if a few more nasty ones were pulled the nastiness might subside too - well I always was an optimist at heart.

That's optimist Dave - not the bloke what tests your eyesight in case you were wondering!

Guest Peter James
Pampam - 2015-02-19 8:02 PM

its only 11/2%

Well of course the figure that matters is the return after inflation. If the Governments inflation figures can be believed, 1.5% means you are getting about 1% after inflation. Thats better than 4% interest with 5% inflation which we had a couple of years ago

Archived