Mice in van!!

Guest Rees

Dear Mike and Norma: LATEST NEWS ON MICE PROBLEM We have caught two mice in old fashioned snap traps. We hope to get more!! The upholstery has been splendidly repaired by local upholsterer for the cost of £40 cash. In addition to resetting the two traps, we have decided to buy an ultrasonic mice repeller as suggested by you Mike, and others. I found the Yard Contro (as described by Mike) on the Lentek www site but to buy it I would have to import it from the US. Instead, we are most likely to go for a similar piece of equipment that works from batteries as well as from mains. On January 15 this was advertised in The Times as 'Ultrasonic animal chaser' for £48.85 (including post and mains adapter). Much fuller details are given (suitable to use against mice and in RVs)on www.pestrepellerultimate.com (in the US), which they call 'Pest Repeller UltimateMC', costing a total of $69.94 (£37) including cost of carriage to the UK. The beauty of this equipment is that it can be adjusted to repell different types of pest, including mice and that it works either from the mains (through an adapter) or from four C batteries (lasting 3 months on average). The same equipment can be obtained in the UK from Group 55 (www.piypcs.co.uk) for £35 (they call it 'Garden Pest Repeller') - but at present the equipment is out of stock but they state that they will have full stock in the first week of February. The woman that answered the phone (01772310200) told me that they have sold many of these to caravaners to repell mice who have been pleased wiht the results. So, I now think that I will go for this equipment. Meanwhile, the traps have been reset. What this spot!

Guest Mike Chapman
Hello Rees, Glad the mice problem is being solved to your satisfaction and the upholstery repaired OK. The "Garden Pest Repeller" seems to work similarly to my X-contro but at a far more reasonable price. Mine cost £64 inc postage. Good luck, Mike.

Archived