Fiat Camper Assistance

thirtle26

We have just purchased a new motorhome which comes with 3 year road side assistance in the UK and many european countries. Our current insurance is due for renewal at the beginning of April and we pay extra for UK and european breakdown. On the 2 occasionsd in 10 years we have had to use this service (once in UK and last year in France) we were pleased with the service. My question is - how good is Fiat's Road Assistance - if you have had cause to use it please let me know. Or should we keep it on our insurance policy. Look forward to your comments

This matter was discussed a little while ago and below I hope is a link to that thread. My view is that it depends on whether you travel at home or in Europe as the conditions for Camper Assist are different - in Europe you do get repatriation of the vehicle if it cannot be fixed but that does not happen at home.

Alan

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/New-Fiat-so-do-I-need-to-buy-breakdown-cover-in-Europe-/36421/

You are balancing two risks, and those risks are set out in the small print of the two vehicle breakdown policies. In truth, the best thing you could do is sit and read both in detail, and then decide if you are entirely happy with what Camper Assistance alone offers relative to both. If you are, you have your answer. If you are not, you have to decide whether the extra benefits on offer from the alternative are worth the additional cost - which I assume will be in the region of £60, so hardly a significant sum relative to the cost of cruising around in a motorhome. Less that the cost of a tank of fuel? No-one else can prescribe the level of cover that will give you peace of mind, it is a personal judgement.

As suggested we will look at the small print and the thread listed. As we had been pleased with the insurance breakdown service we were leaning towards continuing with this and as Brian had said the cost is not large. Thank you for your comments

Archived