Will two 11kg gas bottles fit?

Barryrj

Interesting post Brian.

There is another aspect to refillables apart from the potential, or not, for cost savings which in the grand scheme of things is never going to be a fortune anyway and that is having to hump up to half a cwt to and from the van twice a year and there may - or may not - come a time when you decide you would really prefer not to do this?

Talking of cost, in round figures, I estimate that we use about 5 x 6kg bottles, about 60 litres of gas, a year and although the Calor Lite is no trouble to carry and lift it is sometimes, like now with the recall etc. difficult sourcing them and that is a real pain in the regulator.

At about £23 exchange Calor is about £1.90 a litre in Lite format and the cost of LPG in France is I believe about 60 cents, say up to 50p a litre so with luck by the time I've used 120 litres in two years time saving about £80 a year that should more than break even and I can also leave my much travelled 907 at home.

At the end of the day it's all about convenience and after years of not using a refillable I now believe that it will be more convenient for us. Pity I didn't get one years ago!

Good job we are not all the same innit!

Tracker - 2015-03-21 7:03 PM

Interesting post Brian.

There is another aspect to refillables apart from the potential, or not, for cost savings which in the grand scheme of things is never going to be a fortune anyway and that is having to hump up to half a cwt to and from the van twice a year and there may - or may not - come a time when you decide you would really prefer not to do this?................

Agreed Rich. But if that time comes before we decide enough motorhoming is enough (or before we decide to change to a smaller van and alter our travel pattern to suit), I'll face the music then. Otherwise, I'll stay as we are in the hope that we will decide to give up before my strength fails!

Further conclusion: no right or wrong ways, so long as you can still manage them! :-D

Archived