Anyone got a Garmin compatible “Campingcar Infos” file they are willing to send me

Goneoff

I want to load the complete “Campingcar Infos” (it looks the most comprehensive) a total of 19,554 Aires, 8,578 in France 10,976 in other countries. I have an Apple Mac Air and tried every-which-way to convert the files to either .csv or .gpx. Apple computers are often awkward to say the least at loading none Apple files. The “Campingcar Infos” site offers two file formats are TomTom and ascii. I have tried opening up the zip ascii file to look for .gpx files and tried converting the TomTom .ov2 files, with no luck whatsoever. If anyone is out there with the correct format files and willing to send them to me I would be very grateful. Thanks

Guest Joe90
Don't know much about Macs, but there is a free program called POI edit that allows conversion to various file formats, not sure if there is a Mac version, a Google search may be worth a shot.

To load POI files to Garmin you need the "POI loader" programme which can be downloaded free from Garmin website. You need the Mac version not the PC version.

the camping cars files for Garmin can be downloaded from camping cars website. You have to unzip them and then use POI loader to send them to your sat nav.

I have only done this from my PC but should be basically the same from a Mac.

Please note that you will overwrite any "Custom POI" files you may have loaded onto your garmin. It does not overwrite the POI files supplied by garmin which were already on your sat nav .

JohnP - 2015-03-31 10:49 AM

To load POI files to Garmin you need the POI loader..

That's one way of doing it, but you don't need it.

A .gpi file can be copied directly into the Garmin's, or its microSD card's, /Garmin/Poi directory

Plus you then have full choice of whether existing files are overwritten or not.

Hi John

Thanks for the response but I have downloaded the Garmin POI Loader and unzipped the files just as you described but no joy. When you say PC but should be basically the same from a Mac, I agree but it isn't. The Mac Air is a great bit of kit but falls down on some tasks

Phil

JohnP - 2015-03-31 10:49 AM

To load POI files to Garmin you need the "POI loader" programme which can be downloaded free from Garmin website. You need the Mac version not the PC version.

the camping cars files for Garmin can be downloaded from camping cars website. You have to unzip them and then use POI loader to send them to your sat nav.

I have only done this from my PC but should be basically the same from a Mac.

Please note that you will overwrite any "Custom POI" files you may have loaded onto your garmin. It does not overwrite the POI files supplied by garmin which were already on your sat nav .

Cheers thanks for the response but have tried it.

Thankfully Steve on this thread is going to send me a compatible file

Joe90 - 2015-03-31 10:31 AM

Don't know much about Macs, but there is a free program called POI edit that allows conversion to various file formats, not sure if there is a Mac version, a Google search may be worth a shot.

Hi Steve

You are a star; yes all on one file would be great. I will PM you with my email address.

Many thanks

Phil

Steve928 - 2015-03-31 10:49 AM

I can do that for you. Are you wanting all categories and all countries all in the one file?

Hi Steve

Just found it in my junk mail....................yes how dare they send it to junk! never heard of the file type. Garmin is new Aldi last week the 760. Will give it a try now and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Phil

Steve928 - 2015-03-31 1:13 PM

Sent at 11:38 - did you not get it?

Archived