Strange Message

vindiboy

Each time I post on here I get a message which says   QUOTE-- MOZILA < 1.3 Beta is not supported I'll try though but it may not work, UNQUOTE  I just close the message and it does work, I used to get the same message on my old lap top which was running XP, but now have a new Lap Top with Windows 8 + so I wonder what this message is all about, anyone else get it ?

vindiboy - 2015-03-31 1:24 PM

Each time I post on here I get a message which says   QUOTE-- MOZILA < 1.3 Beta is not supported I'll try though but it may not work, UNQUOTE  I just close the message and it does work, I used to get the same message on my old lap top which was running XP, but now have a new Lap Top with Windows 8 + so I wonder what this message is all about, anyone else get it ?

Be interested how you get on with windows 8 I think xp was one of the best, may have to get a new computer, so any likes/dislikes ? We use chrome, but that can be a pain in the proverbial, for getting onto some connections

PJay

PJay - 2015-03-31 6:48 PM
vindiboy - 2015-03-31 1:24 PMEach time I post on here I get a message which says   QUOTE-- MOZILA < 1.3 Beta is not supported I'll try though but it may not work, UNQUOTE  I just close the message and it does work, I used to get the same message on my old lap top which was running XP, but now have a new Lap Top with Windows 8 + so I wonder what this message is all about, anyone else get it ?
Be interested how you get on with windows 8 I think xp was one of the best, may have to get a new computer, so any likes/dislikes ? We use chrome, but that can be a pain in the proverbial, for getting onto some connectionsPJay
I am using Chrome and did on the old Lap Top ,I have no problems with  Windows 8 and it is very fast, I don't do anything serious on line just surfing , e mails and Forums and photo storage really, no banking or any thing like that so all in all I am happy with  my set up.Strange thing is it is only Out and About  Live where I receive the message and that is how it has always been,

Thanks for reply. Malc. Good to know win 8 OK, as sometimes the "new" versions are not as good as the one they are replacing. Like Vista, we soon got rid of that! My usage same as yours, but I do banking as well

I am thinking of replacing my desk top with a new laptop, at some stage. I also have a notebook, for when we go in van, as easier to carry if you have to go to a dedicated wi-fi spot

PJay

Guest Joe90
Hang on..........Windows 10 is on it's way........ this summer apparently......................wonder if they'll finally get it right. :-S

My new computer has Windows 8.1 while the laptop has Windows 7. I still have the old old Dell with XP on it, because nobody wants one anymore. Windows 8.1 is definitely the fastest and seems to be the most stable, so looking at the very small difference in price between 8.1 and 7, makes me plump for Windows 8.1 every time. You can set up the desktop and use it exactly as you would '7' and have all the other options available if you want them. Plus as has been mentioned, Windows 10 will be out later and Microsoft will allow upgrades from 8.1. I guess they will aslo allow 7 to be upgraded, but may charge for the deal.

However, regardless of what you use the power of the CPU, the amount of RAM and a decent SSD hard drive will make big differences, especially th SSD drive. I tried one on the old Dell with XP 32 bit and the difference was very noticeable. Plugging Windows 64 bit 8.1 into it and it loaded in seconds. Going back to the original Dell setup and I can go for my tea while it loads XP.

PJay - 2015-04-01 8:38 AM

Thanks for reply. Malc. Good to know win 8 OK, as sometimes the "new" versions are not as good as the one they are replacing. Like Vista, we soon got rid of that! My usage same as yours, but I do banking as well

I am thinking of replacing my desk top with a new laptop, at some stage. I also have a notebook, for when we go in van, as easier to carry if you have to go to a dedicated wi-fi spot

PJay

Hi. I notice that you're using your PC for banking, if you are using Microsoft Money you may like to check that it will run on the version after Windows 7 before you upgrade..cheers.

Archived