Newbies introducing ourselves

XRN

Hi everybody, we are Rob and Susan, complete novices to the motorhoming scene and after much research we have just bought a 2001 Hymer 680 Starline. The van is in really good condition and we are looking forward to getting out and about and possibly meeting up with fellow owners. I have a few problems to sort out but will post these separately as it appears to be the way to get good advice from some of the experts here, but for now just wanted to say Hello ;-)

Congrats on your purchase. Mine is the first comment as I am about 10 hours ahead of the others who will welcome you. Hymer is not a common sight on our roads, however from what I read on this forum it is a very good brand. I am sure you will have a great time. The motorhome gig is a new experience for the codriver and me but we love the freedom of wandering where you will for extended periods. Our first ( and last) was 2 months & 7000klms. Next trip probably about the same but North not South. If you achieve as much fun as we have you will be delighted you made the decision. With the wealth of experience obvious on this forum any issues you have can be sorted post haste. Good driving.

Hi Rob and Susan and welcome to the asylum where the loonies are nearly always in charge!

For an older van a Hymer should by reputation be a super choice as they are well made and durable, nevertheless things do go wrong from time to time and help and advice is, as ever, only a forum posting away.

Good luck and enjoy.

Rich.

Sounds like a good start R&S. Its always helpful if a clue is provided for your location when asking questions. There are varying degrees of assistance available if we know where you are i.e. Kent or Kilmarnock?

Will

Archived