Autoroute 2011/13

Seanyboy

Good afternoon everyone :-D

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Autoroute 2011 or 2013 that they wish to part with. It is of my understanding that the product was discontinued by MS at the end of last year.

Tried all the usual avenues with no luck.

Thank you.

Seanyboy

...if you have a previous year's copy of Autoroute, and are simply looking for up-to-date mapping, you might want to try the approach set out in the thread here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Microsoft-Autoroute-replacement/36928/31/

...and specifically my detailed post. The Mappoint trial is still available for download/install (Google "Mappoint trial").

Though someone has reported trying this approach unsuccessfully, I am happily running an old version of Autoroute with the 2013 maps (and the general approach has been used successfully for previous year's by several people on here!)

Robinhood - 2015-04-11 12:30 PM

...if you have a previous year's copy of Autoroute, and are simply looking for up-to-date mapping, you might want to try the approach set out in the thread here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Microsoft-Autoroute-replacement/36928/31/

...and specifically my detailed post. The Mappoint trial is still available for download/install (Google "Mappoint trial").

Though someone has reported trying this approach unsuccessfully, I am happily running an old version of Autoroute with the 2013 maps (and the general approach has been used successfully for previous year's by several people on here!)

Fairly certain it only works with pre- 2011 versions.

Seanyboy

I have a 2007 copy which i run on 8.1. That was a copy of a copy from an obliging poster on here so could run you one of those off if any help?

No idea how the 2011/13 versions are....perhaps a few more roads here 'n there but i use my Autoroute for mapping out my touring and works in as many pc's as you want!

Seanyboy - 2015-04-11 11:00 PM

Robin, no joy. Incompatible map file! Thanks for your help pal.

...I'm assuming that is with a 2010 version of the Autoroute software?

In which case, Lenny is possibly correct as regards there being a point at which this wouldn't work. I've successfully used this method for 2010 data against Autoroute 2003 for some years, and a few months ago (again successfully) updated with Mappoint 2013 data.

Robin, just to reiterate, the version that I'm trying to update MS AR 2010, with MapPoint 2013 maps, replacing the EUR HD and EUR CD files through the data folder. Then uninstall MP.

Tried this with the free trial of MS AR 2013 and achieved the same outcome. Can you propose any other options?

....right, I've done a re-check, and I definitely only copied those two files this time.

Looking at the timestamps on the other files, however, it would appear that I probably copied more last time (when I put 2010 data on).

Checking back on the web for instructions indicates that I probably did.

It's only an outside chance, but worth a try if you've still got the downloaded MP files.

Take a copy of the original Autoroute "Data" folder as backup (to restore if the following doesn't work).

Select all files in the Mappoint Data folder.

"Copy" them.

Paste them into the Autoroute Data folder, and when you are asked if you want to replace existing ones of the same name, reply "yes to all".

The Autoroute Data File will end up containing all the Mappoint files, and probably a couple of original Autoroute files.

On AR 2003 that's worked for me (but as Lenny says, it may be a loophole that has been closed on later versions).

Seanyboy - 2015-04-12 9:35 AM

Robin, just to reiterate, the version that I'm trying to update MS AR 2010, with MapPoint 2013 maps, replacing the EUR HD and EUR CD files through the data folder. Then uninstall MP.

Tried this with the free trial of MS AR 2013 and achieved the same outcome. Can you propose any other options?

I think 2007 was the last version it worked on.

Hi

Did not know this. Checking the M-S site. they advise discontinued from Dec 2014!

What they are doing appears to be advising use of Bing map`s. Which of course need a permanent (Mobile) Internet connection which of course cost`s money!!.

I still use 2004 version for planning then put the results into Tom Tom. which works for me. as T-T is more accurate on speed / timing.

Conversely "Streets and Trips", which is the USA based version is still being updated until June 2015. after which it too will be no longer supported nor Marketed.

I am still using downloaded POI`s from 2005 showing all the CC and CCC club and C-L or S-S Sites, which I cross check with the handbook, and update periodically.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for this.

Swapping those two files from AutoRoute 2013 trial didn't work in 2002 version.

However worked in my 2006 version.

Checked some roads eg A16 Spalding {opened 2010) and it's there.

Dukes meadow road Banbury (opened 2008) and it's there.

My hunch is Microsoft sold off the optimizer , the travelling salesman piece that gives the best route for multiple destinations. It is not in the online Bing map site that they say is the same alternative.

Bulletguy - 2015-04-11 2:48 PM

Seanyboy

I have a 2007 copy which i run on 8.1. That was a copy of a copy from an obliging poster on here so could run you one of those off if any help?

No idea how the 2011/13 versions are....perhaps a few more roads here 'n there but i use my Autoroute for mapping out my touring and works in as many pc's as you want!

How did you get the 2010 autoroute to load into windows 8.1. I have been trying but it will not accept

Mickt - 2015-04-26 10:55 PM

Bulletguy - 2015-04-11 2:48 PM

Seanyboy

How did you get the 2010 autoroute to load into windows 8.1. I have been trying but it will not accept.

Worth checking that it's set to run in 8 because when i installed the upgrade to 8.1, AutoRoute, which previously worked fine, wouldn't open.

Right click in A/Route > click Properties > click Compatibility tab and check that it's reading Windows 8. If it isn't, set it and apply.

The 8.1 upgrade install had altered mine to run in XP!!!

Archived