New motorhome carpets

artheytrate

New carpets all models

[?IMG]

I have replaced all the shabby brown carpets in our 2014 Broadway, I was told by a neighbour about a carpet dealer in the Market at Leek Staffordshire Moorlands.

It took him a week to make them, he copied the old carpets and bound all the edges, I told him that I didn't want the table leg cut out as we don't use it. I've picked them up this morning at 6-30am and what a job he's made they are stunning.

We didn't like the original brown as it made the inside of the motorhome dark and we've picked a lot lighter design. The only thing he couldn't do was fit press studs but if needed I can sort that out, anyway I can highly recommend the dealer that has made them for us total cost for all the way through the van £70 we are well pleased with the look of interior now.

John.

We replaced the carpets on our last MH but couldn't find anyone with the machine to bind the edges, It wasn't expensive and they fitted well. so the result was pretty good anyway.

But knowing somewhere to have bound-edge carpets made to size at reasonable cost is very useful, thank you.

Our local carpet dealer can do edge binding as can, probably, others. In fact they could probably make a carpet from pattern if asked.

We asked him if he could bind the edges of a hole we cut for a table leg but his machine could not do that.

Harvey

StuartO - 2015-04-15 8:05 AM

We replaced the carpets on our last MH but couldn't find anyone with the machine to bind the edges, It wasn't expensive and they fitted well. so the result was pretty good anyway.

But knowing somewhere to have bound-edge carpets made to size at reasonable cost is very useful, thank you.

Try Pauls Carpets, stockfield mill, chadderton, oldham. They whip them while you wait, I believe, and are very reasonable.

Patricia - 2015-04-17 9:19 PM

Does anyone know of a carpet fitter further south? I live in Worcestershire.

Local carpet-supplying firms will often offer a carpet edge-finishing service - they don’t always advertise this, so it pays to ask.

You might try contacting this Kidderminster-based company

http://www.fjbentleyrugs.co.uk/overlocking.html

as the photos on their website suggest that their equipment can overlock the very tight corners that motorhome carpet shapes often have.

You could use a floor covering like “Flotex” that would not need edge-finishing and should be ideal for a motorhome. Not cheap though...

Archived