Help with comformatic hill start.

peterjl

Hi.

Picked up new motorhome yesterday, almost a like for like with my globestar but this one has comformatic and the hill start facility.

Dealer gave a good handover but did not brief on hill start but pointed out the instruction booklet.

Unfortunately when I arrived home and went to read the instruction book it was the German version!

Dealer is putting a UK version in post Monday but I go away early Tuesday for a trial run and unless I am very lucky the post will not arrive before we leave.

I have tried google translate but it's hard going with odd translations. Sooooo can someone give me a quick briefing on how to use the hill start facility, when to press button etc.

Many thanks.

First impressions of the comformatic is excellent. A little slow on initial getaway but then so am I so we are well matched.

Peter

When you stop on a hill when you take your foot off the brake it holds the brakes on for 2 seconds to stop the vehicle rolling back to allow you to press the gas peddle or in the case of a manual release the clutch.. Most cars have it these days although the one on my Ducato works better than the one on my car. If the hill is not that steep it may or may not work.

...all the manuals and supplements are easily downloadable in English from here.

http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/Home.aspx?brand_code=77&id_language=2

(you should get a pop-up that allows you to select the vehicle type, and then the manual(s) you need. If you struggle, get back to me).

There is a small amount of info on starting on hills in the separate comfortmatic supplement, but there is a section in the main owners handbook.

Archived