Travel Insurance (medical)

PatLynn

Morning all,

Does anyone have any advice on European travel insurance? We really only need medical, but most companies are adding baggage and cancellation insurance also - not needed for us motorhomers...

Many thanks

Pat

You can get the is it EHIc card plus the details are on the normal card I think!

We get the C.C travel insurance it came to about £280 for six weeks, that includes the little card that you can leave at site reception in stead of passport , you can buy that without insurance for about £5 I think.

Shopping around we have found C.C the best deal.

The best travel insurance for me is the CCC multi trip, comes out at £102 for one year.I know this works as we tested it last year, trip to hospital also the couple we were with had a problem, wife broke her ankle and they arranged a flight home for both of them and sent a driver out to bring the mh back.

The little card being referred to is a CCI card which you use instead of passport, it has nothing to do with medical insurance. It can be obtained from CC and CCC also ACSI various other places also offer this

Wirralian - 2015-04-28 9:24 PM

John

What is the max days in any one single trips with Virgin Money? I am looking for a multi trip insurance that will cover me for some 90 days in any one trip.

John

Hi Wirralian my policy is 45days in any one trip.

John.

Our insurance is with Nationwide BS, We have to pay extra as over 70, and also for the 90 days cover any one trip, it could be extended if needed. If you don't bank with Nationwide, try there insurer

UK Insurance Phone no. 0845 246 1692, it appears to be under written by the Prudential. Worth a phone call, I would have thought?

PJay

Archived