Toilet cassette position

Knaus

Hi

I am about to purchase a Chausson Welcome 510 and have a query about the position of the cassette.

It appears that the toilet and cassette are not directly connected as the toilet is not directly above the cassette. Has anyone got the same set up and if so have there been any problems?

The toilet is directly connected to the toilet in our Knaus.

That would be a new one on me, not sure Thetford or Dometic would allow seperation of their unit for 'use' ? I know that Dometic once marketed a vacuum based toilet, that was fitted in some Auto cruise models, but they were not very successful.to work correctly and hygenically the top of the toilet HAS to be connected to the cassette.

The Chausson 510 (Ford or Fiat based) has an ordinary Thetford swivel-bowl C250 (or C260) toilet and the cassette will connect to the toilet-bowl in the normal manner.

There are photos of a 2014 “Best of 510” model in this Highbridge Caravans advert

http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/products/motorhomes/HCCQF9064/2014-chausson-best-of-510

The latest Welcome and Flash 510s have the same interior layout for the bathroom, with the toilet’s base butting against the vehicle’s rear wall and the cassette inserted into the base through a hatch in the rear wall.

Archived