Dogs in MH - advice please

candapack

Will be going off soon (hopefully) - me, the wife, and now a 4 month old Border Terrier.

We did have a trial run of 4 nights a couple of weeks ago, everything was fine BUT the weather was great with warm sun and no rain.

Any tips on how to deal with a wet smelly dog in a smallish van.

General advice also welcome.

Abuse from dog haters also OK as long as it's amusing. :-D

I'm the same with dogs that can smell a little

I pick my time to take them out, rain wise. If they do get wet I pass them one by one to my wife in the MH and she dries them.

I then use some talc like at the groomers to mask the wet dog smell.

I've never had a problem and been taking them abroad for years.

The wet Uk can be a little more difficult.

We did purchase one of those very absorbent dog towels which work really well and dark quickly.

Forgot to say we also have a hair dryer run from an inverter.

With time you won't notice the smell, sad but true!

We have 2 border collies which can get v wet multiple times a day, a small short coat terrier shouldn't be a problem. We send them in one at a time OH dries, have a good supply of dog ttowels. If you can put her in a bed with a fleecy blanket that will absorb the damp, it won't do anything for the smell though.

Abroad hopefully will not be too wet too often.

our van is only 6m.

Have fun.

If its raining when we go out I have a large black coloured fleecy towel I fold on the floor and two nylon micro fibre dog towel I wrap each one up in them and we have one each to dry off. I've loose covers on the seats so the seats themselves don't get mucky!! bigger dogs I would do as the last poster says (lol) put them in a bag until they dry off.

It doesn't matter how big your van is , you would keep them restricted to one area !! its us that drip all over

. Your little dog will love motorhoming ours do. :-D

Get yourself a large rear box, the Fiamma 500 is ideal. Cut a window in the front and fit in some mesh so that the smelly little bleeder can breathe. Line with its favourite doggy blanket and bob's your Dads brother. There's enough room for it to stretch out and move around, and it can even travel in it whilst you're driving.

That way your van stays nice and fresh for the next owner. :D

donna miller - 2015-05-06 8:27 PM

Get yourself a large rear box, the Fiamma 500 is ideal. Cut a window in the front and fit in some mesh so that the smelly little bleeder can breathe. Line with its favourite doggy blanket and bob's your Dads brother. There's enough room for it to stretch out and move around, and it can even travel in it whilst you're driving.

Genius - many thanks. :D

donna miller - 2015-05-06 8:27 PM

You forgot the advice about never using the Loo or the Shower. It adversely affects the resale value when you change vans.

Oh and don't forget to roll your carpets up and put them in the loft so the next one to buy your second hand van gets NEW CARPET !! yes and don't what ever you do sleep on your mattress >:-) sleeping bags on the floor are quite comfortable ! line the loo with polythene bags cause, humans can be messy!! if I think of anything else Ill be sure to remind you. (lol)

Muswell - 2015-05-08 9:31 AM

Have you seen those people who take their dogs for a walk while riding a bike? Just wondering.....

I don't believe you.

I have had a lot of Dogs and none of them could ride a bike. *-)

Archived