mobile wifi

pw9crab

just had 3 months in Spain and France with 3 Wi-Fi it didn't work has any body had the same trouble roaming was on and even asking in quite a few phone shops we still didn't have any joy please let us know how you got on thanks

Guest pelmetman

Is international roaming on as I had to get 3 to activate mine, not that it worked because my dongle was knackered...........Hoping to use my new dongle this September in France :-S .............

Have you spoke to 3?..............

If it was a Pay-As-You-Go SIM card there is a guide here which might be helpful:

http://www.motorhomewifi.com/blog/three-mobile-broadband-payg-sim-abroad/

If it was a Pay-As-You-Go SIM then you will need to enable roaming in the web interface of your MiFi device. It might be desirable to manually set the APN and also the network as described in the guide above if you are still having difficulties. You need to have an active data bundle on a PAYG SIM for it to work, but other than that there should be no issues using it in Spain.

If you have a contract / pay monthly SIM then you need to enable roaming in your 'My Three' account.

Hope this helps.

I have suggested to others the solution to this problem is to invest in a Zoom mobile router. You plug any dongle into it and it will translate the software automatically. This means you can buy a PAYG dongle for the country you are in and not be a slave to the network belonging to the dongle. The router is about £60 to buy plus also the cost of the appropriate dongle but it does mean you can select whatever network is appropriate for the country you are in. I have been using one for 6 years now with no problems whatsoever.

I used Three in France last year and it worked faultlessly. You can't tether your laptop to your phone but in other respects it works just like in UK. Always got a pretty good signal, so no problems at all. Spain is included now too, but not Germany yet.

Could your difficulties relate to the type of contract or PAYG you have with with Three and, as suggested above, whether you have asked Three to enable international services, as I recall we had to do when we first took up services with them?

We've been with then for three years or more and pay £15 for more calls and text than we use and unlimited data - which in France becomes a limit of 25 Gb per month, which we never got close to using. Apparently your data services stop if you reach this limit, so no need to worry about expensive roaming charges kicking in.

Thank -you for your reply's we are dinosaurs when it comes to most things to do with computers so took the girls advice about the 3 mobile device she activated the machine before we left informing 3 that we would be using the device only on the continent we pay £10 50p a month for the box extra for our phone minutes ,after this do you think we should still have asked for international services as at the moment we feel really let down and rather silly

Guest JudgeMental
pw9crab - 2015-05-22 11:28 AM

just had 3 months in Spain and France with 3 Wi-Fi it didn't work has any body had the same trouble roaming was on and even asking in quite a few phone shops we still didn't have any joy please let us know how you got on thanks

just back from Spain last week.... Three worked seamlessly both there and in France...Three support very good IMO give them a call?

thanks for reply yes are phone worked great but not the wifi what is imo tablet worked ok in MacDonald's but not on the little white box we check in phone shop in France and Spain rooming was on contacted 3 they said they will get back to use still waiting

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2015-05-22 3:24 PM

pw9crab - 2015-05-22 11:28 AM

just back from Spain last week.... Three worked seamlessly both there and in France...Three support very good IMO give them a call?

That's good news B-) ..........It'll save me a few quid next year, do you use filmon Eddie?........

Archived