Tinted windows

Roy

I have occasionally seen motor caravans with tinted windows, good for privacy. A local car driver was recently issued with a fixed penalty ticket for breaching new legislation that says the front windscreen and front windows must let in 70% light. Apparently the driver was stopped by a policeman using a "tint meter". Furtunately the dealer who supplied the vehicle agreed to replace the offending windows and to pay the fine. Roy.

I think its got more to do with a speed camera being able to photograph the driver through the screen than anything else! I wonder if that number plate spray that makes them super reflectective so that the camera only sees its own flash that they sell at shows will work on screens as well?

Those sprays don't actually work Clive. The angle of the camera and flash unit means the majority of the reflected light goes elsewhere than back to the camera. Besides they're totally illegal. Tinted windows are legal on all windows behind the cab but as already stated cab windows (windscreen and cab side windows must let in 70% of the available light. D.

We have plastic mirror coating, can be a bit disconcerting when people press there nose's to window to see whats inside 8-) , have seen some stick on mirror coating that goes on outside of double glazing, anybody used this? as inside coating only for single glazing

I was under the impression that tinted windows are being frowned upon due to the police not being able to see inside the vehicle if it gets pulled over..apparently the more unsrupolious (cant spell) people use this to hide weapons etc and the police were being faced with these weapons.... But thats just what i heard!!

Archived