Found a curved tension rafter - what and how do i use Omnistor 5000

hideyspidey

HI

Whilst rooting around my MH i found a sort of what i thought was a broken awning leg but it is too long and slightly curved. I think this is a tension bar thing,im hoping so as we really need one as omnistor 5000 is very noisy/flappy in slight wind.

How do i put it on, does it go between the omnistor box and the edge of the awning in the middle??

Help!!! Not sure what to do and we have just bought a safari room and 2 tie down straps

Many thanks

The bent rafter I have is in wo parts which slot together. One end has a metal jaw which engages on to a bar fittin near the centere of the awning spar and the other has a plastic moulding which hooks on to the lower edeg of the housing in the MH.

Extend the awning then fit the rafter, then wind the awning in a bit to tension the fabric on to the rafter. It is still desireable to using a tie down strap to protact against wind.

Thanks but it has nothing to connect to. It is a fiamma rafter pro and i have an omnistor awning

StuartO - 2015-06-02 11:55 AM

The bent rafter I have is in wo parts which slot together. One end has a metal jaw which engages on to a bar fittin near the centere of the awning spar and the other has a plastic moulding which hooks on to the lower edeg of the housing in the MH.

Extend the awning then fit the rafter, then wind the awning in a bit to tension the fabric on to the rafter. It is still desireable to using a tie down strap to protact against wind.

Archived