new old van

number9

I'm buying a 1995 peugeot boxer holdsworth tempo and need a couple of things to improve the appearance. 1) black plast side panels and 2) rear lights passenger side (lens only if this is possible).

I'm also wanting to install tv/aerial as it doesn't have any tv options. I don't have any technical knowledge so I'm interested in what tv setups work, equipment and cost. Please advise. thanks.

My daughter has a 1994 Holdsworth Villa on a VW, she is looking for a black plastic side panel as well, they are a bit like 'hens teeth', join the Holdsworth owners club (search on Google) they are very helpful and very welcoming. For good TV reception anywhere in the UK you really need a satellite system, we have a terrestrial digital status aerial , a 530, but it struggles in some locations. TV's. I recommend an Avtex, expensive but IMO worth every penny. Good luck Ray.

I've never understood why people buy the vastly over priced avtex TVs when you can buy a TV from Asda for 100 quid as I have done and have no problems getting reception I was parked up in North Wales once and a camper van pulled up next to me,I was waiting to watch the England football team lose to some Johnny Foreigner when the guy asked if he and his family could watch the game on my cheap TV as he couldn't get a signal on his avtex ! Bit like having a Rolex only to find out it's really a Bolex!

lazarus - 2015-06-10 9:41 PM

I've never understood why people buy the vastly over priced avtex TVs when you can buy a TV from Asda for 100 quid as I have done and have no problems getting reception I was parked up in North Wales once and a camper van pulled up next to me,I was waiting to watch the England football team lose to some Johnny Foreigner when the guy asked if he and his family could watch the game on my cheap TV as he couldn't get a signal on his avtex ! Bit like having a Rolex only to find out it's really a Bolex!

. Disagree with you, and not just because we have an Avtex. Have tried 'standard' TV's and found their viewing angles to be almost unwatchable unless you are sat straight in front and a certain distance away from the screen. Reception is mostly down to the aerial. Happy with my 'vastly overpriced' Avtex thanks.

Guest frankie640
Rayjsj - 2015-06-10 11:13 PM

. Disagree with you, and not just because we have an Avtex. Have tried 'standard' TV's and found their viewing angles to be almost unwatchable unless you are sat straight in front and a certain distance away from the screen. Reception is mostly down to the aerial. Happy with my 'vastly overpriced' Avtex thanks.
Likewise. We have had various standard TV's over the years but at Christmas this year decided to treat ourselves to an Avtex with built in Freeview and Satellite. Very glad we did as it is fantastic and well worth the above claimed massive overpricing.

I entirely agree with you.

It may have been true a few years ago but we bought a 19" Bush flatscreen Bush TV/DVD combo cheaply at a discount shop (it was new but ex Argos stock). It cost £79.99, has worked faultlessly for about 18 months now and the viewing angle is enormous. If some of you Avtex fans are walking past some TV's on display then check out the viewing angles. That is the simple test that we did ....... technology has progressed.

Archived