Parking at Dover

denkate

Hi all this is my second post ( i am getting daring !) I am looking to book a a ferry from Dover in July and I have heard that they have stopped parking on the parade over night , can anyone confirm this or is it still possible to stop overnight ?

Dennis

That Dover Patrol monument spot looks lovely Vindi'...

..but is "broadcasting" it, and similar locations, over the internet really such a good idea?... :-S

What happens if(when!) more and more start kipping over there?(or worse still, setting up camp?), won't that just stir up the locals("lots of houses up there") and possibly ending up with No Motorhomes signs, barrier or even gates locked at given times etc?.....

:-S

I'm surprised no-one has yet suggested booking a late(ish) ferry and stopping on the other side of The Channel.

Our usual route is to drive from Glasgow to Dover, then catch a late ferry to Dunkirk, spending the night in the port car park. Gives us a head start on the driving the next day as we're already in France, instead of losing a couple of hours with the ferry.

Tommy.

Oh no too much info about Dover patrol spot , true a LOT of houses on that bumpy road to monument they will soon complain when it gets too popular , stayed there ,if banning happens I will have to go back to my old haunt the ++++++++ monument never had any trouble there 10 mins tops to ferry after grabbing brekkie in Morrisons !!!!

Archived