Which motorhome show?

michaelmorris

We've finally bought a motorhome after years of umming and ahhing. Over the last couple of years we've visited two motorhome shows - Malvern in about 2012 and the South Western Show at Shepton Mallet in April this year. I was struck by the difference in scale and number of exhibitors at each show, with Malvern seeming to have a far larger range of exhibitors.

We have a (long) list of accessories we're interested in possibly buying, but would like to get along to a show to look at them first.

Which shows have the largest number and range of exhibitors?

Thanks

The Stratford upon Avon show, like the Shepton Mallet shows, has been gradually shrinking each year and last year was quite a disappointment particularly as far as accessories etc were concerned.

I don't know what it will be like this year but am not expecting much.

The Warners shows do tend to be the better ones in my experience.

If your want to go big then it doesn't get much bigger than Dusseldorf (caravan slaon) in September. Don't be misled by the name, its pretty much motorhome dominated and virtually every European company is there, but not many (if any) Brit manufacturers

Lots of other stuff/accessories for sale as well, its virtually a giant camping shop. You can also stay overnight(s) on the giant stelplatz.

Great Western is great, if a bit eccentric. We are going to the Stratford show this week for the cheap site, really convenient for Stratford and cycling ,the show will be incidental (unless there's an IH J220 for sale)

gocro - 2015-06-16 5:33 PM

Great Western is great, if a bit eccentric. We are going to the Stratford show this week for the cheap site, really convenient for Stratford and cycling ,the show will be incidental (unless there's an IH J220 for sale)

".....a bit eccentric". That's an understatement, if ever there was one. Every nutcase in a cowboy hat.

Archived