Chauysson 510 waste water tank emptying

Knaus

Hi. As those of you who have a Chausson 510 or 610 may know the waste emptying tank is in the centre rear of the van. On site we like to use a black box under the outlet to save keep going to the motorhome point on site. Trouble is trying to line it up with the outlet as it is difficult to see exactly where to position the box. I have seen on here that some have solved this problem by attaching a pipe to the outlet. Can anyone show how is this is done please.

Thank you

Hi

If the dimensions are still the same as the earlier Chausson Flash 02, the following might work. I have a section of hose which attaches with a short piece of plastic pipe to the outlet. It is attached to the hose with a jubilee clip and is just the right bore the other end to fit snug into the outlet nozzle.

On the Flash 02 there are two separate tanks for WC and Kitchen. I agree with you that it is a pain to line up exactly. Even if there is a slight funnel in the ground, it has often subsided with time and allows the waste to run all over the place if not exactly on the grid.

Alan

Hi..

If it's similar to our previous Chausson Allegro(where the outlet "spigot" is recessed/hidden) to help line ours up, I added a short piece of a rubber hose, which I had kept from inside an old washing machine.(I can't recall the exact size..approx. 50-60mm?)...

Just to add, the hose clip(which also came from the washing machine)was the sprung type,which could easily be put in place by using long nosed pliers/mole grips (being recessed,a jubilee clip would've been a pain to fit on ours)

Also I couldn't add anything rigid to ours, as I felt that it was already too low...

My Chausson Alegro 67 had an automatic emptying facility, just flick a switch and the waste outlet opened, fine whilst it worked but of course after a while it gunged up and failed ,so I removed the valve that operated the opening, I had to raise the van on ramps , remove the insulation cowling from the tank to get to the outlet, I removed the valve and fitted a length of  corrugated plastic tube,[ standard from any camping outlet ] secured with a Jubilee clip and fitted a stop cock which I got from a Fish Pond Aquatic centre near where I live and secured the stop cock to the van body with cable ties just behind the offside rear wheel The Chausson is very low to the ground so if I want to catch the waste water as it empties I just put a standard washing up bowl under the outlet and tip it away when full.

Archived